All reviews modern design small kitchen state of the art nice pool pleasant stay great hotel cooktop westin dishwasher charger tv lobby
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

I arrived late at night, having booked a room on the Starwood app, only to be told that they had no rooms. I called the main reservation number for Starwood hotels and they were surprised that the hotel hadn’t offered me a free room at a neighboring hotel. When prompted by Starwood to assist me, the staff searched for a nearby hotel room, only to find that there were none within 50 miles. At that point, they offered to clean a vacated room. Within 80 min, suddenly two rooms were available. It made me wonder why they had not started this process upon my arrival...instead of making me wait that long at 11 pm. I’m still trying to get an answer to why this occurred. What was completely missing was something like: “Our mistake...sorry to put you through a hassle...we’ll make this right for you.”

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Mauricio F, General Manager at Element Palmdale, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Mr. Mark

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. My name is Mauricio and I am the General Manager at the Element Palmdale. To start, I will like to apologize being that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations.

The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to provide. I would love the opportunity to hear more about your stay in an effort to prevent this issue from occurring in the future.

Please at your earliest convenience feel free to reach me at the hotel at 661-224-1200, or feel free to contact me via email anytime. I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your confidence in the Element Palmdale.

mauricio.flores@elementpalmdale.com

Reviewed 13 August 2018

The air conditioner was extremely loud and would blast on toward the bed freezing you out. When you adjust it down the heat came on. It would go on and off at intervals waking me up. The hotel was piping in some kind of music in the lobby & outside and even on the 3rd floor I could hear it all night(when the air con. switched off). Very sleep disturbing. The bathroom fan is not sufficient and the door is self-closing so the bathroom stays hot and stuffy. Although very modern the starkness and lack of color in the rooms reminds me of a hospital room. You need a new decorator. Although the room was made up and fortunately we had extra towels the used one were left in disarray on the rack and not picked up. In the heat of Palmdale(and smokiness of the California fires) it's important to have fresh towels regardless of the water conservation issues. The breakfast was fine but I have to mention that the turkey bacon(which is the only protein besides the eggs) was like shoe leather. Coffee was good. Otherwise it was fine, very clean and very nice, helpful staff. But...if you can't sleep it's not worth it.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SedonaSue

Dear SedonaSue,

Whether you were traveling for business or pleasure, thank you for choosing the Element Palmdale to accommodate your travel needs.

Our hope is that all our guests experience a peaceful environment during their stay. That said, I am aware that your stay was interrupted by a loud disturbance caused by the room air conditioner and the music playing outside in the patio area. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will take the necessary steps to ensure this is an isolated incidence.

We wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

This place was clean, smelled good, in nice area lots around walking distance, if you don't wanna walk this place has a bike all you gotta do is sign out for it!! Bed so comfy bathroom big, free parking, lots of choices for breakfast hot & cold, kitchenette, 24hr gym, no ice machine but they're happy to give you ice, staff is super friendly always welcoming you with a greeting as you come or go!! This place is super clean never had an issue

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank momm3y

We are delighted to have been your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Palmdale. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We appreciate your business and value your honest feedback. Your comments have been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver exceptional service to guests like you.

Thank you for staying at the Element Palmdale and we hope you choose to create more memories with us whenever your travels bring you back to Palmdale.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

I travel to Palmdale frequently for work and decided to try out the new Element on my most recent visit.

This property is conveniently located near shopping and restaurants. My room had a full size fridge, microwave, and cooktop. My room was clean, quiet, and comfortable and each staff member I encountered was friendly and professional.

An evening reception is offered with complimentary beer, wine, snacks. I was impressed by how beautiful the breakfast street tacos were that I got with my free breakfast.

The fitness center was well equipped with state-of-the-art equipment.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Cindy P,

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at Element Palmdale.

Please note your feedback has been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver great experiences. Thank you for staying at the Element Palmdale and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to Palmdale.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We traveled to this location to stay for a softball tournament and let’s just say we wouldn’t stay anywhere else in Palmdale! From the second we walked through the door every employee we encountered was courteous and smiling. Check-in/out was quick and efficient and our room was clean and comfortable. Beautiful accommodations and close to every creature comfort you could possibly need. Lots of parking even though the hotel was totally packed. If there was anything I could nitpick it was the lack of ice machines on the individual floors (we were on the second floor and had to pick up bags of ice and haul them up to our room) and there are HUGE roaches by the pool deck at night. Like Madagascar huge. But hey, no critters in our room so I call that a win!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Julie N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Element Palmdale with us.

Your valuable feedback helps identify areas of opportunity for us to improve the guest experience. While I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, I also understand that having to get your own bags of ice can be inconvenient.

The hotel team is committed to delivering an exceptional experience and are always brainstorming creative ways to exceed the expectations of our valued guests, such as yourself. Whenever your travels bring you back to Palmdale, we'd like to have you visit us again. Should you request any ice or different amenity during your stay, please contact the front desk from your room and we'll be more than happy to deliver it to you.

Safe travels!