“More Bang for the Buck”

Ranked #64 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
San Diego, California
“More Bang for the Buck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

Hubby and I escaped overcast San Diego for some desert heat. Found Shilo from a friend. Large rooms, conveniently close to downtown palm springs, nice helpful staff, green grounds and two pools to lounge. Easy parking, check in and out was simple. We will be back.

Room Tip: Book the day of your arrival - got a good rate
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

I stayed at Shiloh Inn 2011. I had a so bad experience that it was the last time that my friends, family and I stayed there.
They kicked me 2 hours before check out time out of the room. Never happens something like that to me before.

• Stayed July 2011

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

We stayed here from July 1st - July 3rd and unfortunately we will never stay here again. We have stayed here in the past and it seems like this place has really gone downhill. I found a huge cockroach in the bathroom and I saved it in a plastic baggie to show the front desk. Well, that accomplished absolutely nothing as the front desk clerk did absolutely nothing other than say he would let his manager know. He did say, "Previous guest must have left it behind". I don't know too many people that travel and stay at hotels and bring cockroaches along for the ride. I wasn't expecting anything in return but an upgrade or a room change would have made the situation a little better. I am glad I found it and not my wife or daughter because we would have been half way home!!! Also, the adult pool was not real clean as there was dirt on the steps and it needed some attention. My advice to anyone reading this review is to save your money and stay elsewhere!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Pomona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

My sister and I stayed two nites in Palm Springs 4th of Jully weekend at the Shilo. The hotel and staff were so accommodating. We had a wonderful stay. Enjoyed the water and sun. We loved not having to drive once we arrived. The shuttle was very helpful.

One of the front desk employees was our favorite. His name is Javier . What ever we wanted he was there to take care of us. Always had such a nice smile. :) One day the shuttle wasn't available to take us downtown shopping and his boss let him drive the 76 Cadiliac. He was tickled pink.

Thank you again for a great weekend at the Shilo. Until our next visit,

The "Twins" :)

Room Tip: I like the 2nd + floor for my stay. The adult pool was great, no noisey kiddies!!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

I had a relative visiting from NY and she and my 13 and 16 y.o. went from San Diego to Palm Springs for a 2 night stay. Our room was on the first floor with an adult pool view. It was nicely appointed with a small refrigerator, mirowave and small dining table and chairs. We brought food for our stay to keep the costs down and ate very nicely. We did however carry a large cooler which we replinished with ice during our stay. The grounds were absolutely beautiful with palm trees sourrounded by spring flowers. We used the adult pool and it was quiet and clean. The breakfast was great with all sorts of hot coffee drinks, OJ, bagels, yogurt, toast, cereal, etc. We took our breakfast outside and sat in the gazebo. We had a very nice time and even got a later checkout so we could enjoy the pool a little longer. The desk personne were very friendly and helpful. We will be back to this hotel instead of the Holiday Inn which we normally stay at. Don't listen to the negative reviews. This hotel is a diamond in the ruff. Lastly, the view of the mountains and snow on top - breathtaking!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
7.7 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel
5.5 km away
Bryce Trails Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK