“Comfortable, but Stay Away when Basketball Tournament is in Town”

Courtyard Palm Springs
Ranked #28 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Merrimac, Wisconsin
“Comfortable, but Stay Away when Basketball Tournament is in Town”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed here the last weekend in June. It was over 100 deg but we didn't want to get into the pool because it was taken over by MANY highschool boys and their families. We were unlucky to plan a get away when the local highschool was hosting a boys basketball tournament. We were in the rooms surrounded by boys. Early in the morning, we heard dads pounding on the doors in the hall telling the kids they had to get up.

The room was comfortable and we were given an upgrade, but I would have rather had a standard room and not been here with the kids.

The front desk recommended places to eat. The take out pizza was great. You could tell that the staff was a little frazzled with the hotel completely booked and all the guys running around and bouncing balls in the hall.

I am sure that the hotel is great, and I will try again, but next time I will ask if there are any events that are scheduled during my stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
pspalms, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Springs, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on trip advisor. In the summer season we have basketball tournamnets all through the end of July. I am sorry that you had to encounter noisy kids. I understand how that can effect your stay. Getting a good night's rest is important.
Thank you again and I hope you stay with us on another occasion.

Courtyard by Marriott- Palm Springs
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Surrey, British Columbia
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Very quiet at this time of the year with 100+F (38+C) but very bearable as it is a dry heat. The hotel was well maintained, clean and quiet with very helpful staff. Free shuttle from/to airport. Cafe/bar off lobby for breakfast and snacks with nice comfortable seating.
Well appointed rooms. Two long blocks to supermarket and Rite Aid and close to downtown.

1 Thank conscom
pspalms, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Springs, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate the kind words and hope you will visit us again soon.

Orange, California
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The overall experience was very good. We did not eat here so I cannot comment on the food. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Ron, who checked us in, was exactly who I would hire if I ran a hotel. He was friendly, engaging, helpful, and strived to ensure our stay was pleasant. The housekeeping staff did a good job as well as the room was clean and well stocked. The building and the accoutrements that go along with it (elevator, stairwells, etc) seemed aged but the bed and bedding was quite comfortable, the water pressure was great, the exercise room was adequate, and the fridge was effective. All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable place to stay for a night or a week.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
pspalms, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Springs, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a rview on trip advisor. Thank you for choosing our hotel and for staying with us. I am glad you had a great experience and for the great feedback. I will extend your comments to Ron our front desk agent, It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests.

Ontario, California
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stay at Marriott's frequently and this one was a nice stay. We checked in late with no problem and I had requested a high room with a view which is exactly what I got (although it turned out it's only 3 floors high anyway) but we overlook the desert rather than the pool which was my preference because usually it's too noisy in rooms over the pool. The only problem we had the entire stay was a filthy ceramic coffee mug which was wrapped in saran wrap & labeled as "clean & sanitized"... NOT! I took it down to the front desk and they apologized, said they will make sure it does not happen again, spoke to the proper employees who were responsible and provided us with clean mugs. Other than that our room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable although I didn't care much for the pillows. The room had a refrigerator which I always prefer because I like to have a place to keep my bottled waters cold as well as some cold snacks like yogurts and cheese. The parking lot had plenty of spaces, but it could use some shade because getting in your car in the afternoon when it's 106 out is pretty rough. I thought the downtown area was close, but I personally would say it was not walking distance because it was about a mile (10 blks) and extremely hot out. We used the pool for several hours and it was quiet, no kids down there, and they provide towels at the pool. They also had a nice little concrete picnic like area next to the pool with wood tables and chairs all in the shade which was nice. The pool was a very good size and I was able to swim laps and get some exercise in spite of the heat. It was a little bit "Pricey" considering it was summer which is not in season for Palm Springs, but it was also Palm Springs "Eat, stay, play" week which I think jacked the prices back up to about $120/night with NO breakfast at all included. All in all I would say this is a good hotel stay and would stay here again as well as recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with view of the pool for a "quieter" stay, choose a mountain/desert view inst...
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and for takin the time to write a review of our facility. I am so appreciative of your comments. I am pleased that the situation with the cup was dealt with efficiantly. I am happy to hear that you liked your room and some of the other amenities were to your satisfaction.

Again, Thank you for staying with us and I hope you come back to visit.

L.A.
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We are Marriot regulars so this is a typical Marriot Hotel. The Hotel is clean and desk staff very freindly and acommidating. We checked in and they made sure to send a microwave to our room. We went to the room and discovered it to be right at the pool. Might be fine for most however we do not like the noise. Went back to the desk and they gave us another room and had the microwave moved again. No problem and still very helpful. The roooms are nice and clean everything works. Location is good its off the main drag but not to far and just far enough. will be back for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple