All reviews kings highway amigo room dog park stumptown coffee highway restaurant hipster hotel standard king patio room pool area avocado toast record player cool hotel main pool cool vibe younger crowd fish tacos great design
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I celebrated a birthday party at the Ace with about 8 other friends, taking advantage of the DJ'd pool party on a Saturday afternoon. I really couldn't have asked for more.

We were allowed an early check in, and our request to have our rooms (we had a fireplace patio room) near the mail pool was honored. The whole property has a great retro-cool design and feel... very 70's post-modern. It works well for the property and the crowd that it draws. Rooms are not large, more on the cozy side, but the BED is superbly comfortable. The patio was huge however and was a great place for our friends to hang out in between dips at the pool which would get pretty crowded. Room amenities were nice. Staff was super friendly from check in to check out. A crew member stopped his chores to help us find the ice machine, people helped us get fresh towels, room service was fairly prompt and freshly prepared.

The pool party itself was great. Music was good, people were fun and friendly, and the pool water was perfect (salt water pool!). The main pool is large-ish for Palm Springs. It's not expansive, but it is a pretty decent size for the hotel (larger than Hard Rock downtown, a little smaller than the Saguaro main pool), and the pool deck is large to hold a good number of people. If you want a summer pool party and can't make it to Vegas for one reason or another, the Ace in Palm Springs is a solid choice.

Hope to make it back before the end of summer!

Room Tip: Expect at least $70-80 in taxes and resort fees to the room cost. Day passes available.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Tim A, General Manager at Ace Hotel & Swim Club, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Hi Andrew -

Thanks for the great review and comments. Glad you enjoyed so many parts of the hotel and I hope we can welcome you back again very soon. It's nice and warm through October here so Summer isn't quite over!

tim.anctil@gmail.com

Reviewed 17 August 2016

My daughter and I were here with my brother's company retreat and we had was a blast. The atmosphere is trendy with a camp kinda feel. There were old metal campers in the pool areas. Old metal chairs set up around the hotel. His company reserved the private pool and meeting center for the afternoon with bartender and food service-all were wonderful. The rooms had canvas drapes, comfy robes and cottage type feel. It was casual and comfortable and all employees we encountered were wonderful. The company also reserved a room and balcony overlooking the big pool for dinner which was a Mexican feast-delicious! Even though it was extremely hot (Palm Springs in Aug) we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The diner attached to the hotel was wonderful too. We'd love to come back and visit the next time we get to California!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Hi Spisak -

Thanks for the fantastic review. Really happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you come back very soon when you are next over this way. Sounds like you had a "taco party" which is one of our in-house specialties.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

So my friends and I actually didn't stay at the Ace, but the Ace came to our rescue. We stayed down the street at the Saguaro. We booked the Saguaro wanting a relaxing weekend of lounging by a pool while sipping cocktails. While we had that the first day, the second day our hotel was having what was essentially a circuit party by the pool. It was not the relaxing idea we had in mind. This is where the Ace came to the rescue. We were able to get swim passes for the day and lounge around peacefully in a much calmer setting. On top of it, the hotel has two pools, one of which is totally about tranquility while the other is a little more lively. This wasn't the only difference. The pool at the Saguaro was a warm bathtub, and not as "clear" as it should have been. But with hundreds of people, with sunblock on, in the pool, I just thought that couldn't be helped. And the temperature of the pool I attributed to the scorching Palm Springs sun. But after being at the Ace, I realized the Saguaro needed to upgrade their system. Not only was the water crystal clear at the Ace, but it was cold! The Ace actual has a refrigeration system for the pool. With the temperature being 108 degrees that day, this was amazing. Next time I visit Palm Springs I will be checking out more than the Ace's pool and will book a room with them instead. Thank you again Ace for coming to our rescue.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank JRBinLA79

Thanks for your kind comments JR. Delighted you loved the pool visit and hope you will stay with us next time.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

My partner and I checked into the Ace in Palm Springs for a quick romantic getaway amid our busy schedules. I had a faint suspicion that my boyfriend was potentially going to propose which I communicated to the fabulous staff privately when we arrived.
Our room was stellar and Jacki, the lovely manager, made sure that our visit was perfect on every level from the fabulous couples massage she helped us book, to the delicious dinner we enjoyed. In the evening, my beau and I snuck off to Joshua Tree State Park and he proposed to me in the most romantic way possible, under a sky of shooting stars!!!!!
When we got back to the hotel there was a sign lit up that read "love is all you need" and ice waiting for our bottle of celebratory champagne.
We spent the rest of the night listening to records and having the most fun a romantic time in our perfectly appointed room followed by room service in the lovely, private patio in the AM.
All in all one of the happiest and most friendly service experiences I've had in my many travels. Go there with the one you love and let the magic unfold!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: 335- this was the amazing room in which we stayed with an incredible outdoor shower and bathtub and a huge, semi-private patio with fire pit
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the great comments and I am delighted you loved Jacque. She's one of the greatest - and a true master of hospitality and I'm glad she was able to make your engagement spectacular.

Hope we can welcome you back soon and congratulations!

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Went there on a $99 survival. It's Palm Springs in August. The room was very nice. Modern, kinda funky decorations. The pool area was much smaller than I had envisioned. Fairly small, but there was bar service and poolside waitstaff. There is also a nice cocktail lounge. I'd go back.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

Hi Curtis -

Be sure to sign up for our A-List to receive secret sales and promotions throughout the year. Glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope we can welcome you back soon.