All reviews palm canyon basketball court timeshare presentation timeshare points living room indian canyons nice resort family vacation great pool poolside bar full kitchen fitness room pool side minute drive large pool close to downtown mountains
Reviewed 10 September 2018

If you are looking for swanky, probably not this place. We go so often it's like going home. The staff is friendly. its close to down town, but not too close. I like it's quiet! It's clean! The pizza is Crazy good!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank code3mama
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Stayed 3 nights in August. Got a really good price. Yes, they add approx $21 per night for resort fee, but it was still good value..We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment facing the pool which was excellent.. It had everything we needed to cook a meal, relax and take it easy.. The WIFI and Air con worked perfectly.

The pool complex was really nice and was open 8am to 10pm, with a temp of 110' this was a godsend.. Drinks around the pool were quite reasonable, the food looked a little bit expensive for what you got. The staff throughout the hotel were really friendly.
The hotel is miles away from downtown Palm Springs and there is nothing in the vicinity. Wasnt a problem for us as we had a car.

Couple of bad points... 4pm check in is firm, most hotels let you take the room if its available. These do not..They let you use the pool facilities etc, so thats not so bad.
10am check out is a bit rough as well. We left early to go to Vegas so it never really affected us...
We arrived on a Saturday, which is I assume the busiest period. It was rammed and had a real party atmosphere. Which didnt bother me, the noise settled down later and with the AC you couldnt hear anything anyway . However, some real hygiene issues around the pool. People were eating food in the pool, there was empty food cartons, drinks pretty much lining the side of the entire pool. Worst still there was chips and other food stuffs in the pool. The staff seemed to be making no effort to keep the area clean or pick up the rubbish. The hotel emptied out the next day and there were no further instances of this.

I would recommend this, but be away weekends can be a bit crazy

Room tip: Try and make sure you get a pool view. Some rooms overlook car parks etc
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank qualitylength
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I am a big “Trip Advisor” reviewer/reader who likes to read up on places but we were on a tight budget so thought we would risk it, even though reviews weren’t great.

This place has a lovely outdoor area with a great pool, and all the amenities are great. However the rooms are very dated, they were clean and very spacious and beds were comfortable. There were very strict rules in place about entering the pool area and each day you had to get a band. I think it would be better to invest time and effort in renovating the rooms.

In all other places that we stayed on our 3 week tour of California, this was the only place that didn’t acknowledge our honeymoon. We didn’t expect an upgrade but it would have been nice to have it acknowledged in some way. That was by-the-by though.

Overall we enjoyed our stay but mainly because we went off every day and spend very little time at the resort. If you are staying here, I would suggest, getting a car and going to other places. For the price it was fine - I guess you pay for what you get.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank lauraroberts8384
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I suspect that Diamond Resorts will invest a lot more into this place over the years (It needs to !) check in was good. Junior Suite too small, slightly dirty and musty smell throughout the buildings. The large gated fence around the pool reminded me of corrections facilities I had seen. Pool area was good but I’m not sure Slayer playing from the Pool Bar radio at 0830 was a good touch. My wife and I had agreed to attend a 90 min presentation in return for a future 4 day holiday, a $75 Visa card and $80 of local restaurant vouchers. The presentation actually turned into a 120 min one when we arrived. We cancelled it and they did refund the $40 fee we had deposited. The vending machines at the underground garage were cheap !! $1 snacks etc but there was nowhere else to obtain food etc close by without jumping in your car. I would put it 2/3 star at very best.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 283deanw
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

The check in process was quick and customer service was nice and all employees that we encountered were very friendly. We stayed in a 2 bedroom. The room was large but there is only one bathroom with 2 doors, a door near the master bedroom and the living room. The doors stuck so in order to close them, we had to pull very hard and it was like slamming them. The room was cleaned ok but needs a deep cleaning. It also had a weird smell to it, more than just musty. The kitchen had decent cookingware and service for 6. They have covered parking but the height limit is only 6 ft. The swimming pools were pretty crowded. There is a kid side and the adult side. Lots of adults on the kid side and many people were bringing outside alcohol in, lots of drinking everywhere you looked. 2 water slides. One for little kids and the other with a height restriction that went pretty fast. This resort does not have BBQ grills nor does it have any kind of convenience on site. We had our daughter and grandkids come for the weekend. It was nice that they could play in the pool and we could spend time together but we would not go back again.

Trip type: Travelled with family