“Extraordinary”
Review of Johannes

Johannes
Reserve with OpenTable
Johannes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 355 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 45
Cuisines: Austrian, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Arenas
Transit: Located on Indian Canyon Drive close to the restaurant.
Reviewed 20 February 2018

What a wonderful restaurant. The outside is a quite plain storefront. However inside is a truly fabulous dinner experience. We arrived for our early dinner at 5:00 p.m. Our server, Barrie, was helpful, charming and delightful. My friend loves Schnitzel so she selected the restaurant. She LOVED her entrée. I had the salmon, my spouse the amazing duck and my friend's spouse had the fish special. Each and every dish was extraordinary - large portions - and perfect. I couldn't more highly recommend a visit to Johannes when in Palm Springs!

1  Thank joangosewisch

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

We had a slight problem getting seated but Barrie took care of that in a hurry !! She was the best ! The food was outstanding.Scallops magnificent and the Tenderloin Filet perfect . It was a great find ! Would highly recommend but make reservations in advance !!

1  Thank ken h
Reviewed 6 February 2018

Johannes is on a busy street and its space is a corner storefront. Walk inside and it is a glorious, elegant restaurant with divine food, comfortable tables, and a lot of fun! WOW. I never would have expected it to be so good even though it is listed as one of the best restaurants in Palm Springs. I saw the exterior and thought there could not be much inside. Never judge by the exterior alone!! Same with people. :-)))

The menu was wonderful with something for everyone, and schnitzel for the world. They have a whole page devoted to them. We were a party of 4 and each of us had something different from Duck (superb) to Schnitzel (yum) to fish (perfectly cooked.

The service was delightful - a very knowledgeable woman who was there when we needed her to be and not when we did not. Excellent!!

I will go back there again on my next visit to PS in March. I give it a big thumbs up and urge all of you to try it. I just had the best time!! Enjoy!

1  Thank Jean H
Reviewed 30 January 2018

I've attempted on multiple occasions to enjoy this restaurant, to no avail. First of all, our server had a voice that sounded like someone taking their nails across a chalk board. Then it took server 5 min after food was served to provide ground pepper. Then, when the server provided fresh ground pepper to others at the table, he walked away before providing me some.Same thing happened when he picked up dishes. Picked up others but left mine in front of me. As far as the food goes, I think this restaurant is GROSSLY overpriced and not worth it. And drinks are much more pricey than others in the area. It was definitely the last time I will visit this place.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Just tasty! We had been early and had to wait at the bar, delicious cocktails as a starter and happy (male) faces all around! Everyone recommended its worth to wait and to choose Caper-Lemon Schnitzel. Super delicious! Next time we just stay at the bar and enjoy our meal there as back dining room extremely private. Very friendly staff!