“Not a Favorite in Palm Springs”
Review of Johannes

Johannes
Reserve with OpenTable
Johannes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 357 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 45
Cuisines: Austrian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Arenas
Transit: Located on Indian Canyon Drive close to the restaurant.
Reviewed 30 January 2018

I've attempted on multiple occasions to enjoy this restaurant, to no avail. First of all, our server had a voice that sounded like someone taking their nails across a chalk board. Then it took server 5 min after food was served to provide ground pepper. Then, when the server provided fresh ground pepper to others at the table, he walked away before providing me some.Same thing happened when he picked up dishes. Picked up others but left mine in front of me. As far as the food goes, I think this restaurant is GROSSLY overpriced and not worth it. And drinks are much more pricey than others in the area. It was definitely the last time I will visit this place.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Just tasty! We had been early and had to wait at the bar, delicious cocktails as a starter and happy (male) faces all around! Everyone recommended its worth to wait and to choose Caper-Lemon Schnitzel. Super delicious! Next time we just stay at the bar and enjoy our meal there as back dining room extremely private. Very friendly staff!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 14 January 2018

If you have kids with you, share your Schnitzel. The portions are quite large but so tasty. The atmosphere is lovely and the wait staff was very attentive. I look forward to eating here again when I am in Palm Springs.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Love having Weiner and Jager Schnitzel in the desert.....a bit of Austria. The Spaetzle are wonderful as well! Lovely restaurant with European feel.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve walked by Johannes many times but today I stopped in on the spur of the moment looking for an interesting meal. I was not disappointed. The atmosphere was upscale and the energy in the room was welcoming. My server was both prompt and polished which certainly added to the experience. I started with “The Saint”, my favorite cocktail, and it was crafted perfectly. My appetizer was escargot accompanied with a lovely crusty bread...incredible! The main course was Jager Schnitzel (schnitzel is their signature dish so I had to indulge). This schnitzel was topped with a red wine and mushroom sauce and it was sublime.

I will definitely return.

Date of visit: December 2017