All reviewsthemed roomshappy hourthe silver screen roomstagecoach roomblue martinisshake rattle and rollmarilyn monroe roombaked treatsjames deangourmet breakfastfruit smoothieswhirlpool tubother guestsbed and breakfastevery morningb bsentire place
Reviewed 29 September 2011

The Rendezvous is, without doubt, the best place I have ever stayed. My husband and I spent 3 nights here in the Honeymoon Hideaway room and we could not have asked for more. It's like being transported back to the 50s as soon as you walk through the door. The team are incredible, so friendly and knowledgable, and nothing is too much trouble. We immediately felt completely at home and desperately didn't want to leave. I'm already thinking about our next trip despite living on the other side of the world!

The pool is beautiful, and surrounded by gorgeous mountains. The rooms are so much fun and all have something different to offer. I loved the Honeymoon Hideaway, which has it's own bar and lounge, and i wanted to steal all the vintage furniture. For the service you get this hotel is so reasonable. As well as the pleasure of staying in the fabulous location, there are the complimentary soft drinks, daily freshly baked treats, free (vintage) bike hire and 5pm cocktail hour with drinks and canapes. And the food! I don't have the words to describe how good it is - the breakfasts are legendary and different every day. They're delicious and healthy too. i'm determined to learn how to make the amazing smoothies! I even bought a Rendezvous cook book before I left, and surprised my hubby with home baked crepes to cheer him up when we got home!

If i win the lottery i would like to live out the rest of my days here. It is ace.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Next time I want to stay in the Pretty in Pink room (where Marilyn Monroe stayed) or the TV Shows room (complete with I Love Lucy pictures).
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2011

The whole team at the b&b was fantastic, providing tips on where to go and where to eat in Palm Springs. Yes, you need a car to get around to some of the bigger attractions in the valley, but I still think the location was great - away from the hustle and bustle. It was so warm, I wouldn't have wanted to walk anywhere anyway! The Route 66 room I stayed in was great and the drinks (and treats!) provided for guests in the rooms was more than I could ask for. The stay was pricy compared to other places I've stayed in on my trip, but the atmosphere and the privacy more than made up for it. Thank you for a wonderful time and hopefully, see you in the near future!

Room Tip: Route 66 room was on the side of the b&b entrance. No noise complaints!
Reviewed 22 August 2011

What a beautiful and individual hotel
We stayed in the Marilyn themed room-and were the only guests but Jake was so friendly and helpful we felt really at home
The breakfast was marvellous-best smoothie I have ever had
We would recommend this hotel without hesitation

Reviewed 21 August 2011

I am enamored with the Palm Springs Rendezvous.

The rooms. The food. The drinks. The music. The pool. The staff. The food *sigh*

My husband and I took a much-needed late honeymoon 7 years too late, and let me tell you, it was well worth the wait. This place is enchanting.

I am a girl that does my research, I scrutinized every last hotel in the Palm Springs area with a fine-toothed comb, and the Palm Springs Rendezvous was the winning result. I knew this not-quite hotel/not-quite B&B was going to be amazing, but to amaze my husband...now that was going to be be a little more difficult. My husband has traveled world-wide and stayed in some of the finest hotels while touring with the Beach Boys for 7 years. Still he was immediately enthralled with the Palm Springs Rendezvous. By the time we checked out he told me that it was the best hotel (non-hotel) experience.

I can go on and on about Betty & Jake, the food, the happy hour, the rooms, the pool, the music, but I am sure you've read it. Just go - go NOW!

We are going back again, we plan to stay in every room at least once.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We booked a room for a one-night stay at the Rendezvous based entirely on reviews from TripAdvisor, and we are happy to report that we had a wonderful experience. What we really liked about this place was that it was the perfect combination of hotel and B&B. It is small in a good way(only 10 rooms, and thankfully, no children!), and there are opportunities to mingle with other guests when you wish at the pool side or in the lounge. But unlike most B&B's where 15 people are crammed into an old Victorian, this is an old hotel, with private rooms on one level (no one above or below you) and plenty of space for you to NOT interact or even be aware of the other guests when you want to be in your own space. We stayed in the Crooner's room, which was nicely appointed and spacious. Another thing we really enjoyed was all the amenities. I far prefer a hotel that charges a higher flat fee and then makes you feel truly like a guest as opposed to places that basically sell you a bed and attempt to charge you for every additional element of your stay. At the Rendezvous, there are lots of little free touches that make it a standout experience--from free brownies and free drinks in the fridge to real beach towels and pool inflatables. August in Palm Springs can be murderously hot, so we spent the day on top of Mount San Jacinto via the aerial tram, but the proximity of the Rendezvous to the mountain (on its west side) makes for an early sunset. By 5:00 the poolside was getting some shade and it was a great time for a swim before dinner. There are several restaurants within walking distance, but this is the older part of PS, a mile or so north of where all the nightlife is. For us, that was a good thing, as we were there to enjoy a quiet intimate time, for which the Rendezvous is perfectly situated. And yes, Jake and Betty rock, though I imagine Betty was a trouble-maker in her younger days (it's a good thing).

2  Thank sunrisew