This place is the "8.5th" level of hell suspended directly in-between levels 8 and 9 "the levels that aspect Fraud and Treachery" respectively!
I went there on a budget cheap get away only to have it ruined by BASIC hotel functions that did NOT work... and condescending staff who couldn't careless about their guests!
1) after a 2 hour drive - the room was not ready I asked to use a bathroom, I was rudely told "NO" to go instead to a gas station or Starbucks (by the asst manager) and then could not find either one, so i had to hold by bowels for another 45min. But this was AFTER i had already paid them my money in FULL but still NOT allowed to use the bathroom!
2) i was moved into 3 different room in less than 12 hours then the 4th and final room on my second day
2a) first room # 120 - the A/C did not work (newsflash Palm Springs is a desert community) it was too hot for no working A/C!
2b) then moved to second room #147 - also same problem after 20min no cold air... only hot air in the A/C vents
2c) then moved to third room #135 - finally a cool room! BUT the battery in the Smoke Alarm died and it took forever for staff to replace it... why does that matter?... because when the smoke alarm battery dies it sends out a repeating reminder BEEP every 2 minutes - RELENTLESSLY like torture! BEEP BEEP BEEP forever!
2d) still in room 135 at this point... i go to dinner and come back... and the WIFI that i paid EXTRA for is NOT working it keeps dropping me over and over... i call the front desk... they don't care - they gave me the # for Motel 6 tech support - So i call tech support which tells me i am between nodes - Tech Support case # 2026756 - the Tech guy who opened that case file tells me that as long as i stay in room 135 it will CONTINUE to drop my WiFi signal!!
2e) the next day i moved to the fourth and final room #122
Make no mistake - I called everyone i could think of for help, everyone (except for the tech support guy he was nice) but the rest was either rude or INDIFFERENT to my suffering!!
I called the front desk multiple times, the asst manager, the general manager, customer relations, corporate. To this day, no one has helped me or even apologized for the way they treated me. Or made any effort to compensate me for my dismal stay!
I tried to escalate to a regional or district manager so i could report how the manager of this property treated me, and the troubles here and found myself STONEWALLED by customer relations (C.R. case # 948592) - you see Motel 6 has given 100% discretion to each property manager - so they answer to NO ONE... anything that happens is all
internal. Therefore there is NO way to escalate a complaint UPSTAIRS to any one in authority above the property manager LEVEL !! - which is why they where able to treat me so badly
- because there are no consequences for poor treatment of motel 6 customers. There is NO accountability for the property managers. Basically the property manager and his staff
are 100% untouchable by Motel 6 corporate so they can do whatever they want. And that is why they couldn't care less.
If you see a "light on for you" KEEP driving till you get to the next hotel... this is worthless! After this experience I NOW believe EVERY negative comment about them on this site!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Motel 6 Palm Springs Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 Palm Springs Downtown Hotel Palm Springs
- Motel Six Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Motel 6
- Palm Springs Motel Six