“This Place is where Vacation Dreams go to DIE!”

Motel 6 Palm Springs Downtown
Ranked #47 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Irwindale, California
“This Place is where Vacation Dreams go to DIE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

This place is the "8.5th" level of hell suspended directly in-between levels 8 and 9 "the levels that aspect Fraud and Treachery" respectively!

I went there on a budget cheap get away only to have it ruined by BASIC hotel functions that did NOT work... and condescending staff who couldn't careless about their guests!

1) after a 2 hour drive - the room was not ready I asked to use a bathroom, I was rudely told "NO" to go instead to a gas station or Starbucks (by the asst manager) and then could not find either one, so i had to hold by bowels for another 45min. But this was AFTER i had already paid them my money in FULL but still NOT allowed to use the bathroom!

2) i was moved into 3 different room in less than 12 hours then the 4th and final room on my second day

2a) first room # 120 - the A/C did not work (newsflash Palm Springs is a desert community) it was too hot for no working A/C!

2b) then moved to second room #147 - also same problem after 20min no cold air... only hot air in the A/C vents

2c) then moved to third room #135 - finally a cool room! BUT the battery in the Smoke Alarm died and it took forever for staff to replace it... why does that matter?... because when the smoke alarm battery dies it sends out a repeating reminder BEEP every 2 minutes - RELENTLESSLY like torture! BEEP BEEP BEEP forever!

2d) still in room 135 at this point... i go to dinner and come back... and the WIFI that i paid EXTRA for is NOT working it keeps dropping me over and over... i call the front desk... they don't care - they gave me the # for Motel 6 tech support - So i call tech support which tells me i am between nodes - Tech Support case # 2026756 - the Tech guy who opened that case file tells me that as long as i stay in room 135 it will CONTINUE to drop my WiFi signal!!

2e) the next day i moved to the fourth and final room #122

Make no mistake - I called everyone i could think of for help, everyone (except for the tech support guy he was nice) but the rest was either rude or INDIFFERENT to my suffering!!

I called the front desk multiple times, the asst manager, the general manager, customer relations, corporate. To this day, no one has helped me or even apologized for the way they treated me. Or made any effort to compensate me for my dismal stay!

I tried to escalate to a regional or district manager so i could report how the manager of this property treated me, and the troubles here and found myself STONEWALLED by customer relations (C.R. case # 948592) - you see Motel 6 has given 100% discretion to each property manager - so they answer to NO ONE... anything that happens is all
internal. Therefore there is NO way to escalate a complaint UPSTAIRS to any one in authority above the property manager LEVEL !! - which is why they where able to treat me so badly

- because there are no consequences for poor treatment of motel 6 customers. There is NO accountability for the property managers. Basically the property manager and his staff
are 100% untouchable by Motel 6 corporate so they can do whatever they want. And that is why they couldn't care less.

If you see a "light on for you" KEEP driving till you get to the next hotel... this is worthless! After this experience I NOW believe EVERY negative comment about them on this site!

Room Tip: My tip... seriously even if u are desperate DON'T stay here you will regret it
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank CA_Traveler_1701
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed here November 2011. There was a group of people staying in the hotel making so much noise it sounded like they were tearing down walls and the voices were so hostile I was afraid to leave my room and I did not feel safe. I called the front desk and security several times and they never did anything about it and never came by my room. I had nightmares that night, literally!!! Come to find out when I went to make a new reservation February 2012, they had ME on the “do not rent to” list from a report the incompetent security wrote back in November who never came by my room and who never did anything about the disturbance!! The General Manager and Area Manager were equally incompetent and were no help in resolving my issue; they 86’d a really good customer. Don’t stay here!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank John A

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

I stayed there twice going & coming back from LA & Yuma. $54. + tax a night including pet. It's not the Ritz, there's no Breaky & it's $2. for very inadequate Internet, but plenty good enough for overnight. NO problem having a pet. I'll stay there anytime again!

• Stayed May 2011
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

Just wanted a place to crash and celebrate in Palm Springs. This fitted the bill. It was cheap, clean and the room was a reasonable size (couldn't care less about the size of the TV!).

We went in the pool and jacuzzi a few times, which were just outside our room door. Loved the view of the surrounding mountains whilst you swam or bubbled. The location was excellent, schlepping distance to the Rat Pack hideout Copleys.

You could walk to the restaurants, but we chose to drive everywhere. The garage next door was fairly useless for supplies, they don't stock milk for example.

Staff were good and we had no problems with noise. Would recommend.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CockneyBrum
Lower Mainland Bc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

Motel 6's are very minimalist, and if this one wasn't in such a great location, we probably wouldn't have stayed there, but for $50/night, we put up with the inconveniences! All Motel 6 would have to do to make their accommodations so much better would be to put little fridges in their rooms and not charge for the wi-fi (no other motel charges).
It is in a GREAT location...walking distance to downtown and you can bike anywhere you want to go from this location. In 4 days, we never used our vehicle...walked and biked everywhere.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple