“Excellent”

Ranked #45 of 329 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Maracas Cantina serves delicious and unique Mexican cuisine with emphasis on fresh ingredients and great flavor. Our restaurant is the perfect place to relax with the family or to enjoy the company of friends. Our courteous staff is always available to answer any questions about our menu offerings as well as ensure a pleasant dining experience. Come in and try one of our fantastic dishes, homemade desserts and perfect margaritas. Maracas Cantina also features a selection of over 100 Tequilas. Enjoy Maracas Cantina all day with an all-day happy hour at the bar at Rancho Mirage 4-7pm Palm Springs. Come see what's shakin!
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Great Food! Great Drinks! Great Service!
This is by far the BEST restaurant we have ever been to in Palm Springs! YUM Is all I can say! You have to try it if you are ever in town! Chips and salsa are awesome, Margaritas are huge and strong and we have never had such wonderful Mexican food!

2  Thank SerenityJewel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

just order off the appetizier menu before 7 and you can have your coin and eat/drink good too.. great location, right down town!!

Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband and I, along with our son and his wife and their 2 year old who were visiting from Canada, chose Maracas for supper the last night they were here with us. Children are readily accepted at this fine Mexican restaurant and there is a very good selection of different meals to choose from on the children’s menu. Some of us settled on the combination meals, but I stuck to the Chile Relleno which I’ve had there before and loved. Our food was so good! The staff were very enthusiastic, helpful and attentive to our needs. We had a deliciousl meal in quiet, comfortable surroundings, but we were too full to try the dessert menu--maybe next time! I would note that we ate on a Monday night and although I made reservations earlier in the day, I wouldn’t have had to. However, if you are hoping to get in on a Thursday night during the Street Fair, it would be wise to make reservations, just in case. We have walked right in on a Thursday night, but for a special evening I would make reservations. You have a choice of eating ‘in’ or out on the patio, and on a warm pleasant evening you would definitely enjoy the patio! One last mention: the meals at Maracas are of great quality and taste and are reasonably priced. We consider Maracas to be our favourite Mexican restaurant in Palm Springs.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

The patio area was comfortable and smoke free. The Mexican music was different and enjoyable. The servers were very nice and attentive and accommodating.

My husband and I ate the Chile Relleno and it was full of cheese and the breading was on the lighter side and not like the kind with heavy egg surrounding the chile which makes it taste like an yucky omelet. We asked for a side salad in place of the rice and beans and they brought us this wonderful mixed green salad and not the kind with just ice-berg or romaine lettuce. The chips and salsa were quite good also. The size of the Chile Relleno was enough for my husband and I to share for lunch and along with the chips and salsa and salad we had plenty to eat.

7  Thank misplaced
Reviewed 10 January 2012

A last minute visit to this restaurant turned into a real treat when the food arrived - tasty, nicely presented and wonderfully Mexican food - the Salsa was really good, the Fajitas tasty and my son polished off the burrito in short order, proclaiming that it was the best he had ever had. Definitely worth a visit

1  Thank 60-degreese-North