1,396 results
All reviews tiki theme front desk motor lodge pool area great pool large pool ceiling fan close to downtown pool towels hot tub visit palm springs mini fridge palm trees mid century motel alicia tikis
Reviewed 14 November 2014

Mold all over the walls, stained carpet, had to call the police at 330 am because of what was going on in the room next store because front desk leaves at 2 am. Dirty. Gross. I would never stay here again. Its too bad because it has so much promise to be a really fun cute place, but its not at all.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Teri R
Reviewed 12 November 2014

Four o clock check in strictly enforced, although it had not been on previous visits. We found out the hard way on this trip.

We had arrived at 3-15 and were told by CHAD that we would be called if any rooms became available beforehand. Since we were early we asked for a room on the lower level and told that we were first in line and there would be no problem once one became available. Chad told us that our room was guaranteed for four pm. He said that the owner was an -ss. His words not mine.

We decided to get a cup of coffee nearby and wait. When we went to our car we passed the housekeepers on the first floor who told us that they had a lot of rooms available but that they could not let anyone in until four. Strange, but what could we do? We waited nearby until four and returned. Chad acted as if we had not been there earlier. We received no call and he grilled us for all of the information we had given him not forty five minutes earlier. Reservation number, name ( which he had written before him with an note to call us) length of stay etc. He said we were not in his system…..??????????

After some time, he then finally gave us a room on the upper level. When I reminded him that we had asked for a lower room he told us that none were available. I told him that we had seen the housekeeping staff outside and he went ballistic! His exact words were HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO KNOW THAT? I JUST CHECKED IN FORTY PEOPLE!

Really? In the space of forty five minutes? And why were all of them given early check in privilege when I was just there and saw no sign of anyone else and was specifically told that the owner would not allow it?

A woman behind me said out loudly. He is not suited for this type of work, and I agree. The service is called HOSPITALITY, not HOSTILE- tality.

We were given a room on the first floor which magically appeared at the touch of a few keys strokes. No call to housekeeping, it had been there all the time!

When I walked to the parking lot another guest told me that he had a similar experience with Chad and that he suspected that he had been smoking something other than cigarettes.

We left the next day and I reported all of this to the front desk. She just sighed and said they would TAKE CARE of me on my next trip.

I don’t think there will be one, if they cannot re-think their hiring program. Just so you know I am not a picky person. I owned two boutique hotels n Mexico and New Orleans and am quite familiar with hotel policies. I never tolerated lying to guests and do not support hotels who make it a practice to deceive guests and shift blame from incompetent staff.

That said I can tell you that the rooms are average ample and well supplied. The pool needed cleaning especially for a full house weekend ( Gay Pride )

I would not recommend this hotel solely on the basis of staffing. Maybe Chad had had a bad day, but that is not the guests problem. I hope the management takes the time to address his anger issues.

Room Tip: I havent got a clue!
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mark m
Reviewed 8 November 2014

This was a great value option for being close to downtown and easy to get to activities like the Thursday night street festival and First Friday Galleries. Also Pride weekend and free Block Party and festival for everyone is a great place to see people and enjoy this booming little getaway place in the desert. Weather is perfect this time of year, so only wished the hot tub had access earlier than 8:30am on Saturday not sure the time for the weekday but always enjoy a morning and evening soak. The hot tub and pool here are fantastic great space but the pool isn't heated so its a cool dunk not many taking advantage of .. lol Overall great stay, friendly and very helpful staff and the rooms are pleasant. Would be great to have a smart TV for Netflix or Amazon options but wifi is super strong so using our own devices was perfect.

Room Tip: All the rooms surround the pool I couldn't notice any better than others. If you are smoke sensitive there seemed to be a lot of people smoking on the balconies and around the pool, not sure what the policy is but might want to not only ask for a non smoking room but also ask the staff for a room away for a stairway as there seemed to be many sitting on the steps smoking.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ZenYard
Reviewed 8 November 2014

This is a nice small motel situated close to downtown Palm Springs. It has a nice pool and hot tub along with an exercise room and laundry. The internet service works very well and the staff are eager to help with your needs.

Room Tip: You want to book a room in the north wing
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jerry m
Reviewed 8 November 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel very late at night. The check in was very quick. Clean room and bathroom. The bed was comfortable. We just fell asleep. In the morning it was all alright also. Breakfast would have been nice. Because of our plan we could not use the pool but it looked clean and nice. Nice stay all in all.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends