Caliente Tropics Resort
Hilton Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 153
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Holiday House(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 196
US$ 128
US$ 104
Hotels.com
The Saguaro Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 152
Skylark Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 145
  • Breakfast included
Desert Riviera Hotel(Palm Springs)
US$ 258
The Palm Springs Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 244
US$ 177
Old Ranch Inn(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 168
The Rossi Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 232
Official Site
La Maison Hotel(Palm Springs)
US$ 231
1,361 results
All reviewstiki themefront deskmotor lodgegrassy areamexican restauranthuge poolclose to downtownpool towelshot tubvisit palm springsnew ownersace hotellove this placepalm treesmid centuryaliciamotel
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Party! Finally! okay, so check this out - I've been coming to this hotel for years. As a kid with family, now with friends and my girlfriend, and this place rocks. It's always had this great pool, and it's always had this great bar and patio - that was closed! But now this last weekend. They had an amazing pool party with tons of cool things going on! There were free shoes, water, juices - EVEN THE DRINKS WERE FREE, yeah, like really. Sponsored for Coachellafest and given away to everyone who was staying there. And the coolest cat ever Brian who manages the place walking around totally chill. This place is us, and if we want our crowd there we gotta say it loud. CALIENTE!!! Here for Spring Break, Here for Coachella, and coming back soon!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I have been coming to Palm Springs for years now, and upon discovering Caliente Tropics, have made Palm Springs my weekend destination of choice at least 4 times a year and ALWAYS stay here. BUT, here's the deal. It's quirky, it's old school Palm Springs, it's bright orange, and full of wonderful kitschy polynesian themed ambiance. From the huge poolside tiki heads, to the tiki torches, all the way up to the light fixtures painted with more tiki heads, that is what makes this place so AWESOME. If you're looking for a run of the mill hotel stay, then go stay at the Ramada.

This place is perfectly placed right at the curve of the old town strip, just far enough away that you can watch the sunset over the mountains while lounging by the pool, and BBQ'n at the coal pits the property provides, but close enough that a jaunt to the store or Fisherman's Market for some fish in chips is not out of the way.

This place is reasonably priced ( and I hope it remains that way ;) ) as well as the fact that they are always improving. This place is tried and true, and those of us who migrate here from year to year, do so because we love it. I have no doubt that the improvements will continue and I'll be telling stories about this place in 30 years.

As for the comments people have made regarding the customer service. I have never, in my 15 visits to Caliente, ever experienced anything I've read here. In fact to the contrary, one weekend visit landed me in a room that was near part of the property where they were implementing upgrades, when I kindly brought it to the attention of the staff, they not only moved me to another room, but they gave me an upgrade. WELL DONE STAFF!!!! See you all soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the pool.....oh wait, they all have that view. :)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Wonderful hotel! Stay there at least four times a year and have never had a negative experience! Comfortable, spacious rooms, plenty of parking and a wonderful pool and spa. The perfect place for a week long stay or just a quick getaway! My go to place for a trip to the desert!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My stay at this hotel was the best on of the housekeepers were awesome her name was Michelle she always stayed smiling very positive attitude and help us with everything we needed I cant wait to come again
Thanks caliente tropics ur the best:)

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The shower drain did not work. Called the front desk, but nobody came. We had to take a shower with water up to our ankles. The chair had a suspiciously looking stain (semen?). They charge $100 deposit upfront. At check out, if there are any charges (for pets,that comes to $30 per pet per night) they don't take them out of deposit but charge in addition. Deposit is released about a week later. They add the "resort" fee to the taxes and that makes it 20% surcharge.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family