“Great hotel, but return your towels!”

Caliente Tropics Resort
Ranked #46 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
brooklyn
“Great hotel, but return your towels!”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The place was a lot nicer than we expected when we went out for Coachella festival. The rooms are decent, clean with a nice shower. The view is fantastic and it has a great pool. They even had a pool party with free drinks that was great until the 2nd DJ (bad!) We really enjoyed our stay but were charged 40 bucks for leaving our towels by the pool. When I called to inquire (I wasn't told this) the manager Brian was a real jerk about it and said I should read what I sign...thanks for the advice and terrible customer service.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hearttravelBrooklyn
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Party! Finally! okay, so check this out - I've been coming to this hotel for years. As a kid with family, now with friends and my girlfriend, and this place rocks. It's always had this great pool, and it's always had this great bar and patio - that was closed! But now this last weekend. They had an amazing pool party with tons of cool things going on! There were free shoes, water, juices - EVEN THE DRINKS WERE FREE, yeah, like really. Sponsored for Coachellafest and given away to everyone who was staying there. And the coolest cat ever Brian who manages the place walking around totally chill. This place is us, and if we want our crowd there we gotta say it loud. CALIENTE!!! Here for Spring Break, Here for Coachella, and coming back soon!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Long Beach
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I have been coming to Palm Springs for years now, and upon discovering Caliente Tropics, have made Palm Springs my weekend destination of choice at least 4 times a year and ALWAYS stay here. BUT, here's the deal. It's quirky, it's old school Palm Springs, it's bright orange, and full of wonderful kitschy polynesian themed ambiance. From the huge poolside tiki heads, to the tiki torches, all the way up to the light fixtures painted with more tiki heads, that is what makes this place so AWESOME. If you're looking for a run of the mill hotel stay, then go stay at the Ramada.

This place is perfectly placed right at the curve of the old town strip, just far enough away that you can watch the sunset over the mountains while lounging by the pool, and BBQ'n at the coal pits the property provides, but close enough that a jaunt to the store or Fisherman's Market for some fish in chips is not out of the way.

This place is reasonably priced ( and I hope it remains that way ;) ) as well as the fact that they are always improving. This place is tried and true, and those of us who migrate here from year to year, do so because we love it. I have no doubt that the improvements will continue and I'll be telling stories about this place in 30 years.

As for the comments people have made regarding the customer service. I have never, in my 15 visits to Caliente, ever experienced anything I've read here. In fact to the contrary, one weekend visit landed me in a room that was near part of the property where they were implementing upgrades, when I kindly brought it to the attention of the staff, they not only moved me to another room, but they gave me an upgrade. WELL DONE STAFF!!!! See you all soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the pool.....oh wait, they all have that view. :)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Wonderful hotel! Stay there at least four times a year and have never had a negative experience! Comfortable, spacious rooms, plenty of parking and a wonderful pool and spa. The perfect place for a week long stay or just a quick getaway! My go to place for a trip to the desert!

• Stayed September 2011
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My stay at this hotel was the best on of the housekeepers were awesome her name was Michelle she always stayed smiling very positive attitude and help us with everything we needed I cant wait to come again
Thanks caliente tropics ur the best:)

• Stayed April 2012