“What a let down!!!!”

The Westcott
Ranked #3 of 21 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Having stayed here last year and thought what a great place, chose posh again to bring my mum who is over from the UK. I could not believe how a place could deteriorate in 6 months!!
Our room was filthy! Dirty blinds, tables, mirrors and pictures, and fridge! Bedding all crimpled ad if slept in previously! Blood pn pillow shams! Yuck! The wondows were so dirty it looked like it was foggy outside! Shower broken, as was 6 months ago!
Firniture and kitchen shabby and needed renovation. We confronted susie who had the worst attitude and sermed very stressed, and lacked professionalism. We said we were not prepared to stay in the room to which she replied " well dont then" and didnt seem to care whether we stayed or not!
We chose to leave at that point! Never again! And will definitely not be recommending to others anymore!

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank ukgirl33052
susanantal, Owner at The Westcott, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2012

I don't even know how to respond to this review other than to say this guest stayed with us about six months ago and was lovely. This time she brought her "MUM" from England who is the rudest person I have ever come across since opening this business. There was no pleasing her anyway or anyhow. She arrived angry and it went downhill from there. I am not going to address all these petty issues, but simply to say that our hotel is still as nice and wonderful as it was when she was here last.
As far as the windows being dirty on the outside she is absolutly correct. If anyone has been following the weather here in Palm Springs over the last 2 weeks we have had huge sandstorms that have been playing havoc on our windows and floors. Had she addressed this with me instead of being so beligerent I could have told her this. I would never tell a guest "Well then go! I did try and speak to her professionally but she would not let up. I had to ask her to leave.

Learned this a long time ago... Can't please them all no matter how hard you try.
Suzy

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Posh Palm Springs was my first experience at a boutique style privately owned hotel. It has a very "designer" feel in that every detail has been thoughtfully carried out by the owners/proprietors, who greeted us upon arrival with a glass of wine. The food was excellent, varied, and plentiful. It has a very private, personal atmosphere with stylish Art Deco decor. The ultimate luxury. I loved it! Thank you for a great weekend getaway!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sherry C
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I'm really not sure what the hype is all about, I went through many reviews for this place and other hotels in Palm Springs and finally booked this one, but i have to say i was thoroughly disappointed. Yelp and Tripadvisor both have been on the spot about most places , but this one is totally off- i almost feel like they got their friends to write reviews for them. From the time that you pull up to the front door and step into your room - nothing about this place is "posh" or "luxury". This place is in a residential locality - there are no parking signs, lucky for us the folks from the neighboring building told us where to park, else we'd be towed. The room that i booked was # 2 on their website : http://www.poshpalmspr... . It is one of the smallest room's i've ever seen. I'm not a very demanding traveler- I'm more than accommodating usually and i travel quite a bit for work so i've run into my fair share of bad places too. Also, I'm not a big person - i'm about 6'1 and my girlfriend is about 5'8 and we both felt like we were in Gulliver's travels. If i moved left - i knocked something over, if i moved right - i was elbowing her - that's how small this room is. It is trick photography at its best so be careful. The room's didn't exude luxury or anything close to it. There are also no expansive views of the mountain - sorry but all you can see are light poles and wires from the pool area as well. So much so - my girlfriend was beginning to feel claustrophobic by late evening. We both barely slept that night, since we planned this trip for months and i was furious as to how they are ripping us off. In the morning i went upto the owners and told them - the room is overpriced and that we are not happy with the way things are and we'd like to leave. I was told that the price is correct and "where else would i go"? That kind of attitude is certainly uncalled for, I gladly left and I felt like they didn't really care if their customer's left - since the room for one night was already charged. I don't have an issue with the money but its the principle of it - if you are a small business I would imagine you would be far more friendly and helpful to your customers. We checked out as soon we were done - or i should say got the hell out this place - its a horrendous experience that i hope other folks dont experience. Don't waste your hard earned money at this dump, its a complete rip-off.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money here - there are far more affordable options in Palm springs.
12  Thank prabhu b
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I had booked a place far out of town and found POSH when I corrected my error. This was our first trip to Palm Springs and as a result of our stay not likely our last. The breakfasts were fantastic. The hosts, Susan and Jeff, were personable and very helpful. The extras, bottled water, M and Ms, and nuts don't seem like much but we found them very tasty when we could finally eat again later in the day! The sleeping arrangements (bed) were wonderful. I would receommend POSH.

1  Thank edub33
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Unfortunately, our experience was not as posh as we expected it to be. I do believe you get what you pay for, and we payed full price for our 2-night stay, and $75 for the honeymoon add-on. We didn't think our experience was worth that. We have traveled somewhat within the USA and around the world and so we have experience with hotels/apartments/inns away from home. We were here to celebrate our 10-year wedding anniversary sans kids.

We arrived Friday late afternoon just in time for happy hour. We didn't know Jeff was the owner's son when he welcomed us in because he looked like a maintenance guy wearing a dirty t-shirt. He gave us a quick tour of the property and showed us our room. We really liked the orange splash all over the room and that's why my hubby chose that room. However, we were disappointed that there was no bathtub in our room, #4. I think bathtub and posh for a room go together.

We soon were over that as we had a nice happy hour experience with Jeff and his wife. Jeff had now put on a grey sweatshirt on, but now this one had pretend blood on it with some black lettering on it. By now, we knew that Jeff was the owner's son so it was shocking that he would not be more presentable for guests being that this is advertised as a luxury inn.

Fortunately, Jeff and his wife were very friendly during happy hour and they had some great recommendations for where to eat. We ate at two of the places they recommended during our 2-night stay, and they didn't disappoint.

The morning after our first night, my husband and I both woke up with achy backs. The mattress in that room is horrible. The second night we just couldn't sleep. My husband is not that delicate when it comes to sleeping and he had a difficult time so I use him as a threshold, and not me. My threshold is lower.

Also, I came home bruised around my knees because there is a metal bar that is the bed's footboard that because the room is so small, I kept running into it. It was very annoying and painful.

My hubby had ordered the honeymoon package for a dozen roses, a champagne bottle, and chocolate covered strawberries in our room upon arrival. They were there, the bottle, the six strawberries, but the dozen roses totally looked like whoever placed them on the vase had just taken the plastic around them from purchase and stuck them on their vase. It was a jungle of green leaves on the vase. There was nothing elegant about the arrangement, and this being a family-owned business you would think they would take more pride in how they do things. The floral arrangements on their website photos are luxurious, not the actual one in our room.

There were a lot of other things that were not working when we got there. One of the two shower heads in our shower was broken, the HBO and wi-fi were also off so we couldn't use them Friday night. On Saturday during breakfast, we brought it up to Suzy and Jeff and they had to turn-on their HBO button and reboot their wi-fi. The pool was not heated! That was a big disappoinment since the weather was perfect for the pool. I had to bring this up to Suzy's attention and so then they had to call pool service and had 3 men working on the pool while we were there. This was not posh to me since there was no privacy and some noise going on for a few hours due to this. We didn't get to enjoy the pool because even by the time of our check-out it hadn't warm up to 84 degrees. The shower head was replaced that day while we were out for lunch.

I also had the good luck to find a hair in my breakfast egg casserole. It was short and light
so it was def. Suzy's. I would not make mention of this, but there were just one too
many things that were wrong during our stay. Also, is there only 1 iron for the 11
rooms? Jeff had to knock on our door to get the iron for another guest. You would think
they have more than 1 iron so as not to have to bother guests for an iron.

Upon check-out I came up to Suzy to bring up the things that went wrong during
our stay & she was so defensive about the few things that I had a chance to bring up that
I think they would have been working upon arrival if only they had taken the time to do
a walk-through before the busy weekend. The wi-fi, HBO & pool were the only items she gave me a chance to bring up because she was so defensive. At least she credited us for the honeymoon package my hubby had purchased, and said I'm sorry to me at the end.

I would not recommend this place to any of my friends, and we would not return to stay
here. I truly don't know what the hype about this place is. Maybe, if we would have stayed
in a bigger room with a good mattress, a bathtub, and the pool was heated and there were not so many things not working, we would have had to rave about this place.

8  Thank TTITL