“Good location”

Ranked #24 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Maryland
“Good location”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My sister joined me for a conference weekend. The room was clean and quiet. You need a passcard to park, so secure. You can walk to restaurants, grocery store, movie theater but we were glad that we had a car so that we could see more of the area (e.g., small farmers market nearby). Wireless worked fine in room and lobby. We didn't eat any meals in the hotel. One of the front door staff is particularly knowledgeable about hiking and other outdoor activities so just ask.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Minnesota
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Positives: Location, nice pool and pool area, comfortable bed
Negatives: Rooms very generic and unappealing-comparable to budget hotel. Very spotty service. Typically only one or two people staffing the reception desk so very often have long lines. Similarly very slow food service in the restaurants
Overall, ok place to stay but you could probably do better.

Room Tip: By all means get a pool room view with a balcony, or you will be stuck in a generic hotel room with...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank bigpain
Los Angeles
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We spent Mother's Day weekend at the Renaissance Palm Springs. The property was pretty empty while we were there, although the pool filled up on the weekend. The staff were wonderful - people were always asking us if they could get us anything. The pool was refreshing and clean. It's supposedly the largest pool in Palm Springs, although I didn't think it was that big.

Our room was huge and the bed was very comfortable.

Brunch at Date was delicious. We enjoyed taking our time while eating outside on the patio.

The resort is only a 4 block walk to downtown Palm Springs, and they have a shuttle if you need it. I walked one night (at 8 mos pregnant) but took the shuttle the next. Driver was fast and friendly.

I think my only complaint was the bartender service inside at Rocks. Although there were no patrons at the bar, the 2-3 people behind the bar were busy cleaning and restocking to really notice us standing there, waiting for my husband to get a beverage. Both nights we experienced this. But it's a small flaw compared to a lovely weekend getaway.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
EricHill, Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2012
We are delighted that you chose our hotel to celebrate Mother's Day and that we delivered a memorable experience. We are quite proud of our Chef and all of our Beverage and Food team and I will share your kind comments regarding the brunch. Also, I have addressed the wait you experienced at our lounge with the appropriate personnel to insure you are not inconvenienced again on your next visit.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we do look forward to your return when your travels bring you back to Palm Springs.

Oh, and Happy belated Mother's Day!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Overall a very nice property. however I notified the staff twice about a wasp nest on my patio which was never resolved. The assistant managers tone was very unpleasant when I notified here of the issue when I checked out. The rooms were great other than not being able to access my balcony.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Lehi, Utah
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This was a quick stay for business where I arrived at around 8:30 p.m. and was gone by 5:30 the next morning so I was not able to take in all that this property had available. That being said, the entrance, foyer, and lobby area of the hotel was extravagant!! Front desk staff were very helpful, the room was just right, if I didn't have to arise at 4:45 the next morning, I would have slept for hours longer, and my salad from in-room dining hit the spot! Great stay! Only improvement I would make is the parking issue, very unique set-up. I am still working on getting this resolved, but I ended up having to pay for two parking fees because I was in too much of hurry the morning I left to walk back in the hotel after my room key would not lift the gate.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
EricHill, Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel and we too wish you could have stayed longer. Please contact me and I will immediately take care of the double parking charge.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return when you can stay longer.