See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Stylish exterior restored to mid-century decor. Loved the intimacy of this small hotel, coming down to the breakfast bar in the morning in the robe provided, then lounging by the pool with my coffee. The entry level room was on the small side with just a shower and no tub. But that shower head delivered with great force, a rarity in water-conscious California, and especially welcome in a climate where you're taking three showers a day! Plumbing was noisy and sometimes the toilet ran after flushing and the shower dripped unless you were careful to push in the knob to just the right angle with the correct amount of force. Liked the larger refrigerator, never used the TV, too busy! Good AC. Well-lit room for reading and liked the dimmer switches.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Top notch service from the staff. Great atmosphere(quiet, classy). Good breakfast/happy hour.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmbLosAngeles
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Amazing hotel in Palm Springs. My wife and I stayed 3 nights to celebrate our anniversary. Even though we stayed in the simplest room they offer, it had everything we needed: flat screen TV with cable, wifi, mini-fridge, air conditioning, comfortable bed, quality sheets, iron, etc...; and even though our room didn't have a bath tub, their shower head was high pressure so the showers felt really good .
The daily breakfast(although very simple) is a plus; also, the complementary wine/drink offered in the evenings was much appreciated. The grounds are very well kept; the pool and jacuzzi were always clean and ready to be enjoyed. Also, they have available bikes to use for free throughout the day if you want to explore the city this way.
In conclusion, my wife and I were very happy with our choice; this is the place to stay and explore Palm Springs. It is right in the downtown area; you don't even have to use your car to visit the shops. In comparison to all those big name hotels that charge you more and give you less, this place felt secluded, safe and home-like. My wife and I are already planning our next say here.

PS The hotel workers are available until 7 pm. If you plan to check in after 7 pm, please call ahead to receive easy instructions as to how to access your room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MizterLara
Reviewed 4 April 2012

When my wife and I book our getaway weekends to Palm Springs, our first choice is always the Movie Colony. We've been to other hotels which we liked, but keep coming back to the MC because of the superior location, friendly staff and cool architecture/vibe. Closing the front desk at 7ish doesn't bother us.

This time we saved a few bucks NOT renting a car and taxing from PSP... then for our meals, we walked a half block to our fav hipster bar/restaurant (Birba), breakfast spot (Cheeky's), and delish mexican and margaritas (El Mirasol). If you haven't been to this part of downtown or "uptown" recently, it is worth checking out... definitely hopping in the high season. During the day, we lounged by the pool and explored some of the charming neighborhoods on bikes supplied by the hotel. Looking forward to the next time!

Room Tip: many different types to choose from. the pool side rooms are always fun. talk to the front desk
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SweetWillD
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This was by far a wonderful hotel experience. The hotel is charming, the staff is exceptional. My husband and I travel the world, and we just love quirky, acutally we crave quirky. This is a true mid century modern building and it is relaxing and soothing, with great vibes, and a good location. What more could you ask for? The hotel offers Happy Hour , the guests can mingle around a fire pit, and we met the most interesting folks from around the world. We just wanted to say thank you to the Movie Colony! It was a great experience all the way around.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple