“THE ONLY PLACE IN THE DESERT TO STAY” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sundance Villas

Sundance Villas
Los Angeles
“THE ONLY PLACE IN THE DESERT TO STAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I live in Los Angeles, and was looking for somewhere close by but seemed far away. I came upon Sundancevillas. Wow. first, it is like paradise, like an oasis. From the outside you just don't realize the beauty of the place til you are hip deep in a lovely cool swimming pool all to yourself.

all the privacy you want, since they are nice size walls around each villa. And the owners take a personal interest in your stay and leave an amazing care package for you. I never left the place and was there for 4 days! WE had an amazing time. Whether romance or just a getaway. I might go back to write, the quiet and atmosphere is the ideal environment to reflect and be calm. If you haven't checked it out.... go!

Room Tip: all the rooms are great! I had the owner give me a tour!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sundanceps, Manager at Sundance Villas, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Thank you so much for the lovely review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you can come again soon and enjoy the luxury of your own private pool and spa.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

My husband and I have been going to Palm Springs for years and years- we live in LA and it's a nice quick drive for a little escape. We've stayed in the nicer, trendy hotels like the Parker and some of the more quirky ones like the Pensione Korakia, both lovely but always seemed to be missing something. Then we discovered the Sundance Villas through TripAdvisor which has helped us select endless hotels throughout this country and Europe. There is Nothing like a traveller's first hand experience and TripAdvisor has never failed us. And boy, do it come through this time!

Sundance Villas is a collection of 2 and 3 bedroom homes, all completely private. You enter through your own private gate from the street or your own enclosed garage- ours had a washer and dryer in it as well as extra pool toys and floats. There is a small front grassy yard with table and chairs (each residence is slightly different in layout). A beautiful backyard with jacuzzi, your OWN small pool, outdoor chairs and table, recliners- everything you could need to have a lovely time. Inside, the home is immaculate. We stayed in the Casa Amigo, and though some features were slightly outdated, the home itself was comfortable, well furnished, spacious and all our needs and beyond were met. The living room was huge with a warm gas fireplace, comfy sofas and chair, flat screen tv, DVD player and a nice selection of DVDs to borrow from the front desk. Our kitchen was fully stocked, complete with the beautiful welcome basket, decaf and regular coffee, and dishwasher. The bathrooms were complete with an abundance of fluffy towels, showers with good pressure and toiletries. There was also a dining room, all nicely decorated. And best of all, complete privacy. you truly do not see another soul unless you want to. The pool area is completely private and so relaxing with greenery, hummingbirds and your own large gas BBQ, which we used everyday. It truly is like owning your own vacation home and honestly, the pool is the kicker. I did laps everyday (the pool in Casa Amigo is the biggest of the bunch, though still smaller than a regular size pool).

And there is Ginny, the Hotel Manager. This woman is amazing. Smart and witty and truly accommodating. We managed to get our room at the last minute due to a cancellation and Ginny helped us the whole way. It was the day after Thanksgiving and every room had been booked, we really got lucky. We were treated like family the moment we arrived, given recomendations for restaurants, shopping even movies from the DVD library. And as we slowly kept adding more and more nights to extend our trip, Ginny was just too sweet about it. On our last evening, she even took us on a tour of about 6 or 7 rooms (after the holiday crowd had left) with her flashlight in hand, determined to let us see every vacant room. And let me tell you, they were all beautiful, some very different than others but all with the same standard offerings, pool, spa, fireplace etc. We plan to try different rooms to find the perfect one for us, but you really can't lose with any of them. The property is exceedingly well taken care of and the love behind it shows. Thank you Ginny for making our getaway so PERFECT. And Sundance, you are the best kept secret in all of Palm Springs, it's almost painful to share it!

We are adopting a little 2 year old in a month and can't wait to bring her for family vacations!
We'll be back soon!

Marcia and Paul

Room Tip: The largest pool is in Casa Amiga.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marciazp
sundanceps, Manager at Sundance Villas, responded to this review, 13 December 2011
Dearest Marcia,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Sundance Villas with fellow travelers and TripAdvisor readers. It warmed my heart to know you noticed all the little details we have worked for 25 years to get just right. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
It was my pleasure touring the property with you. It gave me an opportunity to get to know you and Paul better while you made mental lists for future stays -- and I made mental "To Do" lists! The positives of working in hospitality far outweigh the negatives, mainly because of special guests like you. We are so grateful.
Jeane, Ines, Kelly, Cathy, Gregorio and I send our warmest wishes for a joyous holiday season and new year filled with the love of your new child.

Until we meet again...............
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

This place is heaven on earth! If you're searching for a calm, relaxing, intimate hideaway, you'll find it at Sundance Villas.

They are the only accommodations in Palm Springs with a personal pool and spa. They feature a full kitchen, a living room with fireplace, an enclosed garage, a private sunning patio, a flat screen TV, and a gas BBQ.

The villa was spotless and with tennis courts, another pool, and in-room massage packages there was no reason to leave the community.

I can't wait to return again!

Room Tip: They are all amazing! You could't find a more relaxing getaway.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sundanceps, Manager at Sundance Villas, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
"Heaven on Earth!" We will do everything we can to live up to your incredible compliment.
That you were able to enjoy a calm and relaxing weekend at Sundance Villas and are now
sharing your experience with TripAdvisor readers is an even greater compliment, for which
we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
The Palm Springs' Village is aglow in sparkling lights for the approaching holidays; maybe you're right: this is "Heaven."
Thank you, again, for choosing Sundance Villas for your first Palm Springs visit. We hope you
will return when you again get the calling for peace and relaxation!
Happy Holidays,
Rialto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

My husband and I have been going to Sundance Villas for years. This place is our heaven on earth. We look forward to going there every year. This truely is special place and on the top of our list to do every year. We have stayed and many of the villas there and they all are wonderful. The Management staff is wonderful and helps you with any requests cheerfully. It is the only place we have found to truely "de-stress" from the high pressures of daily life. And finally, it is a very romantic place to stay. I really enjoy being able to see the stars at night. There is alot to do and see within the Palm Springs area (if you even want to go out at all). Any time I can get away - this is the place I want to go. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT

Room Tip: We love to stay at Villa Aurora, it has both a spa and pool and is beautifully decorated. However, a...
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank babystjo
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a lovely review of our property. We are so pleased you were able to "de-stress" and find "romance" in the beautiful Villa Aurora. Your sentiments and these two words, especially, are repeated over and over, year after year in our villa Guest Books, but they are especially appreciated when written for all the Internet to read!
Thank you, again, for your loyalty to Sundance Villas, and we look forward to seeing you in 2012.
Happy holidays and a prosperous New Year from your friends at Sundance Villas.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

Was traveling through Palm Springs and was looking for a place to chill and just hang out in a private pool. I knew a hotel wouldn't offer this, so I looked into the Sundance Villas. I made the right choice. I am just so sick and tired of hanging by a hotel pool and putting up with screaming kids and clueless parents (No. I actually don't find your kids adorable -- I find them to be obnoxious brats). But anyway, so I'm traveling through Palm Springs and I just want to hang out and relax in a private pool. So, this place fit my needs perfectly. I called the woman who runs this place and she told me that there was one Villa left and I could have it. She couldn't have been nicer. I get to the Villa and it's this super clean, very homey -- in a Palm Springs kind-a way. I barely have the front door shut before my street clothes are replaced with my bathing suit and I've got myself situated in the nice little backyard pool. Basically, I was in there until the sun went down. Playing music, hanging, chilling. New York City melting off of me by the minute. I'm a Californian, so I felt like I was home. Staying here started me thinking why I'm living in Manhattan in the first place. But anyway, that's another story. The story for this place is that it's a great place to chill. Friends came over in the evening and we had a great night hanging in and around the pool. High walls guaranteed our privacy. So, my recommendation for the next time you're in Palm Springs is to forget the pretentious hotels or the family-oriented hotels and get your own place in the sun at one of the Sundance Villas. BTW -- I stayed in the Villa del Palma Villa. I'm sure they're all as nice, and as private. Have a great time.

Room Tip: They're Villas, so sorry, this "best room" business doesn't apply here
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo