“Best Hotel in Downtown Palm Springs!”
Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #36 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Huntington Beach, California
“Best Hotel in Downtown Palm Springs!”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This was a Birthday Celebration weekend, and the Staff of the Hyatt went out of their way to make this a memorable weekend.
From the Grettings from the Front Desk Staff and Bellmen, to the Chocolate Birthday Cake that was sent up as a surprise, everyone made this an exceptional weekend for the 2 of us.
One of our only disappointments was the A/C in our suite, it seemed to have a mind of it's own. No matter how many times we reset it higher we were soon shivering because the room was so cold! We laughed about it because it was so warm outside (over 100 degrees) and we had turned into a penguin habitat in the room!
Our 2nd disappointment was the bed, it was like sleeping on a marshmallow! It was so soft and squishy we had to mound up all the pillows to create a 'firmer' sleeping enviroment.
This is an great hotel for it's location and amenities.
We'll be staying again soon, but we'll be making sure we have a firmer bed!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Well Happy Birthday to you and thanks for celebrating your special day with us at the Hyatt Palm Springs. We enjoy making memories for our guests and I'm so glad to hear our staff did just that! I encourage you to always call on us if there something wrong with your room duirng your stay so we can have the opportunity to fix it for you! Come back again soon....the HOT weather will only be here for another 10 weeks..and we love the heat! Cheers!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My second trip and it was better than the first; this place simply improves with time. Besides impecable service, the staff is top drawer, extremely friendly and well trained to do their service to customers. I especially appreciate frontdesk manager Erin professionalism and attention to detail and hospitality. In additon my grattitude to Michael , the bartender, and Jose and Oscar at the restaurant. I am definately coming back!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Fabulous - we love that word! We use it all the time at the hotel...and it catches on fast. If we believe we are fabulous - then our guests will believe it to! My hats off to Erin, Michael, Oscar and Jose....they are the best at what they do and they deliver that every day! I'm glad you miss us already and can't wait to come back. And we can't wait for you to come back too! Many thanks for sharing such a "fabulous" review on Trip Advisor! Cheers.
pleasanton,ca
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I want to say that this hotel and staff are on there game when it comes to any hiccups during your stay.

I had ran into some minor problems when checking in but was taking care of right away. Front desk staff (that are seasoned) was over the top when taking care of any problems, valet (Mr Lopez) had a heavy hand in making your arrival great after a long drive.

I can't remember some names so I won't say any to have any left out, however I will be back real soon (next month) only because these folks that make this place function make you want to come back as this is my 2nd trip in 2 months.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
I certainly wish we could be "perfect" all the time.....but that is impossible! However, when we are it makes my day! We know that Palm Springs is a place like nowhere else...and we want our guests to have a relaxing and comfortable stay with us. It's important to unwind from the hustle and bustle of the big city - so come to our Oasis and let us pamper you with our hospitality - it's well worth it. I'm happy to read that you are coming back next month. Thanks for the great review.
Escondido, California
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hyatt this past weekend and it was definitely memorable. I want to say its been the most favorite room i've stayed at to date. We had a room situated on the fourth floor in a private corner with stunning views. The house keeping boys were sweet, Colleen at the front desk was a gem, the shuttle boys were great, the parking lot attendant woman was the last employee we had to deal with and she was unprofessional and rude, left a sour taste in my mouth. I work in the hospitality industry and often give people the benefit of the doubt but I have not had anyone amaze me quite like this woman. We were driving towards the exit and then cut off by her speeding SUV, she ran out of he vehicle and returned to her booth (why was she not already in there?), then told us that we were checked out of by new front desk staff and were not charged a parking fee. Long story short, there were other ways she could of handled that situation which would of left me ecstatic to Re book at the Hyatt in a heart beat.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Sometimes all it takes is the actions of one employee to make a big mistake and spoil a perfect stay. I spoke to your boyfriend on the phone yesterday about this situation and my sincere apologies for the way this employee acted. It is this kind of feedback that helps me take corrective action so another guest does not have that same experience. I'm glad everything else went well.....we thrive on providing great service and accommodations to every guest as I know we have the best hotel in Palm Springs...without a doubt! I hope you come back soon!
Los Angeles
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed here for one night to celebrate my 3 year anniversary. Sometimes, you book a hotel and get dissapointed when you arrive because nothing is quite as you imagined. Hyatt Regency Palm Springs was the complete opposite, everything surpassed my expectations! The minute we arrived the bellstaff and Joann at the Front Desk made us feel right at home. They have an indoor swanky bar that we ordered mojitos from and took out to the pool. We laid in the sun on their deck which is not humungous but more than enough space considering how busy they were. There was waitstaff going around to the lounge chairs and a houseman making sure everyone was taken care of with enough towels. They also have an outdoor poolside bar which is even more convenient! Their drinks were the same price you would pay at a bar, not hacked up just because it's at a hotel. While we were getting ready for dinner, Room service surprised us with Chocolate covered strawberries! Joann let them know it was our anniversary and had it arranged. We felt so special.

The Hotel is at the edge of downtown so you never need to drive. You can walk to shops, restaurants, and bars. Everything is at your fingertips. We did not try the breakfast because we went out running instead, but it looked very good and the restaurant is pretty.

The room we had overlooked a beautiful mountain and golf course and had a balcony. It had tons of space and the bathroom was a great size. I had a wonderful sleep on the bed that was neither too soft or too firm. Just right. I work in the Hospitality industry and I am VERY picky. This hotel will be my new go to location when I/we want to get away!

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. Everything was great. Even the parking attendant was friendly and asked if we needed directions. You have the resort feel without anyone being snooty! I would definitely reccomend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: mountain facing rooms are beautiful but they also have cabana suites available