All reviewshot tubcharming boutique hotelsmall kitcheneuropapoolsproperty
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We had a lovely week at the Villa Royale Inn about 10 days ago. The staff was extremely helpful,and the rooms were very interesting with a retro old world decor. There were beautiful plantings surrounding the entire area. . The beds were comfortable and our room came with a separate bath, large closet, and separate little kitchen. You could rent a whole suite if you had more than two people. There was a lovely heated pool, and an unheated one. Best of all there was a delightful restaurant on the premises, Europa, available for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was made to order and dinners were exquisitely presented with an interesting menu. We highly recommend especially if you want to get away from the typical large, chain motels/hotels.

Room Tip: there is only one floor which is wonderful for the quiet soul and the rooms seem solidly built so any would suffice
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 957Rosebud
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Let me start out by saying that this is the 4th time we’ve stayed here and my parents have been staying here on their anniversary for the last 10 years. In the past, we have always enjoyed our time here with nice accommodations, good food, and a nice, helpful staff.
However, that being said, our last visit here (2/18-2/20) was ruined by an extremely rude, bitter old lady who worked behind the bar. We didn’t catch her name but to make a long story short: we had dinner reservations at the hotel restaurant, Europa at 6:30, so the five of us (myself, my wife, my parents, and our 4 yr old daughter) stopped by the restaurant bar for a drink before dinner, my daughter had juice of course. When we got there, no one was behind the bar to help us, but finally a grizzled, grumpy lady appeared who seemed to be drunk. She didn’t greet us or say a word, but just stared at us. I finally said “Are you the bartender”, and she responded curtly, “No, I’m just talking to you.” Wow, ok - Not off to a good start. We ordered our drinks and were having a good time talking and laughing, then after 5 minutes, the old lady came up and said to my mom “you’re going to have to leave; your grand-daughter is too loud.” Mind you, she wasn’t loud at all; we were much louder, and more importantly, THERE WAS NOT ONE OTHER PERSON IN THE BAR!! Luckily I didn’t hear her say this, or I would have exchanged words with her. My mom was so appalled and shocked she didn’t know how to respond. My mom said we had to go to dinner and that is where she told us the story. On top of that, in regards to the room: there were holes in our towels, the room was dusty, and the bathtub was yellow and disgusting. Needless to say, we will never come back and neither will my parents. We are also instructing our friends and family who have stayed there in the past because of our recommendation, not to stay their either.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank nathanc132017
Reviewed 20 February 2017

The most beautiful gardens outside, the rooms all have a different theme.. You need to call and reserve the room you may like. View of the mountains and close to the Palm Springs strip.. Lovers paridise. You should concider this hotel..

Room Tip: romantic couples prefered IMO
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2017

This was our second stay at Villa Royale, so obviously we like it. We had a nice cottage with lots of space (118), the breakfasts were good, including excellent tea, which is almost a rarity. And the place has lots of nice touches.

My two main cavils were (1) the bed was so high off the floor that I had to do the Fosbury Flop in order to get into it. And if you get up during the night and have to do it again, it can become a pain. (2) The towels were inconsistent. A few were ok. But most of them did not absorb much. They should be better for a place of this quality.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2017

A prior review commented that a little TLS was needed. That is true, but it goes with the magic of a well preserved property from the 1930's and 40'. The total setting is fantastic. The interior decorations are amazing, many of the from movie studio sets since the earlier owners were in the movie business. If you appreciate things that are not "cookie-cutter", this is a B&B to grab your attention.

Room Tip: Every room is different, and the european rooms are small. Talk to the front desk about your choices.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo