“Quiet and Relaxing”
Review of Villa Royale Inn

Villa Royale Inn
Ranked #48 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is our send time at the Villa Royale. We normally come out to Palm Springs each fall and have stayed in different hotels each time. This year we came back to the VR. Everyone at the hotel was super nice and accommodating. What ever we needed, they were right there to take care of it. This hotel is close to the shopping district but its nice just to lounge by the pool which is super quiet. We will be back next year.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lorenwebb

Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was our first stay in Palm Springs and we could not have enjoyed it more. We, too, were enticed by a TravelZoo offer -- and will happily stay here again -- discount or not. Finding the hotel located off the beaten path on a side street was at first a bit distressing -- but, we could not have been more wrong. The entire property is charming and feels a bit like a "secret find." We chose a one bedroom villa. It was comfortable, clean and decorated beautifully. Though the menu is limited, the cooked-to-order breakfast was very good. And while my eggs were perfectly cooked, I agree with a previous post that a second piece of toast would have been nice. The restaurant is quite elegant and having breakfast on the patio was very pleasant. We also had dinner one evening in the hotel restaurant - Europa. The food was very good and the portions very large. It proved to be the best meal we had on our visit. The entire staff could not have been more accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bibliocook
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last June and absolutely loved it- partly because we got engaged here. If you can bare the hot temperature i recommend going at the end of peak season as you ended up having the place pretty much to yourself. We were lucky enough to enjoy solitude for a couple of nights- we stayed here for 4 days on the last leg of our Cali tour. The villa in itself is very charming, not overly close to the centre but that didn't bother us as we had a car. On our 'alone' days staff were happy for us to play our own music,drink champagne and swim in the pool late at night- It felt like we had our own villa. Rooms were clean and wi fi was working perfectly fine in our rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I found a TravelZoo offer for this hotel not long before my trip to Palm Springs and, per my usual, I checked out Trip Advisor reviews before purchasing the voucher. This is the first time I disagreed with Trip Advisor reviews. Don't get me wrong - this is a beautiful property and not at all like cookie-cutter hotel chains. I'll do my best to break down the good - and the bad.
THE GOOD: It's a beautiful property and each villa has a living room and separate bedroom - it feels like home and has really plush, comfortable sofas and armchairs - just like home. Both living room and bedroom have ceiling fans - which I just LOVE. There was a beautiful stone fireplace and a large, comfy four poster bed with wonderful pillows and comfy sheets and comforter. The location is really good - just a few minutes from downtown Palm Springs, restaurants and shopping and SPECTACULAR views of the surrounding mountains. THE NOT-SO-GOOD: The fist problem was lack of connectivity in my room. I stayed in #101 - furthest from the office - which I suspect was the culprit - but this was still an enormous inconvenience. Secondly, the bathroom was good size but had a really tiny corner shower stall. I am only 5' 4" and kept banging my elbows on the shower walls when I washed my hair. There's NO way I could have shaved my legs - and there was no tub. The bathroom also had a pedestal sink. I hate pedestal sinks because there is nowhere to put your toiletries - especially when you are travelling and living out of bags and suitcases. The last thing that was a bit of a turn-off were the pools. They are REALLY small pools and are surrounded by the rooms which cut off any breeze or air flow - so sitting poolside is like sitting in a sauna. I found the fitness room but was unable to see what was inside because it was locked and my room key didn't open the door.
The first morning I had breakfast, two sunny side up eggs were cooked to perfection with sausage, potatoes and (one) piece of toast with orange juice and delicious coffee. The second day I had a different server who did not offer juice and brought out sunny side up eggs. When I pointed out that the whites weren't cooked - which was obvious as soon as you looked at them - she said "Do you want them cooked over easy instead?" I told her no - I wanted them cooked sunny - but with the whites COOKED. She brought back eggs with no sausage and (literally) a couple of pieces of potato and the single slice of toast. I left, exasperated and went in search of a chain hotel to move to.
The bottom line is with a boutique-style property like this, service and consistency are everything. This is a beautiful property but the level of service is inconsistent. I moved to a Hilton property from this hotel because I needed to know that I would get everything promised to me. Villa Royale Inn, unfortunately, failed to live up to what was promised.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are uniquely decorated. If you need good internet service - be sure to mention this...