Villa Royale Inn
The Westcott(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 180
US$ 153
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 183/night.

Colony Palms Hotel(Palm Springs)
US$ 253
US$ 211
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 240/night.

Hyatt Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 139
US$ 115
  • Pool
US$ 118
US$ 93
Skylark Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 151
US$ 134
  • Breakfast included
The Palm Springs Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 166
The Saguaro Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 164
US$ 102
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 113/night.

Hilton Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 143
US$ 129
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Desert Riviera Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 224
US$ 219
Hotel California(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 156
All reviewseuropa restauranthot tubbreakfast was includedcharming boutique hotelnooks and cranniescookie cutterone bedroom suitesmall kitchenshort drivepoolsgroundsfireplacepropertypatiomountains
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Had a family issue in the desert and needed a nice place to rest. This is it. What a great place, kind people, fantastic food and liquor, walking distance to other great places. I had the chance to stay in 3 rooms as they had to juggle me during peak season. All were charming and I can't say enough kind things about the management and help. Clean. Not overpriced. Well managed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fireplace. Really sweet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed here for one night recently and found a dead, recently fed bedbug under the mattress in our suite. I spoke to a staff member who was sweet and apologetic, but really did nothing about it. I was grossed out. I waited for the new owner to a drive and spoke with him about this situation. I was assured that they sprayed once a month for bedbugs. He apologized, offered to buy me a drink at the bar (which I declined - I had other plans), and asked if there was anything i needed. I wanted another room, but they were booked. i refused to sleep on that mattress - so he sent over a pillow, a sheet and a thin blanket that i requested as I informed him I would sleep on the couch. He didn't seem to care one bit. I was hoping he would do the right thing and offer a discount. Not at all. What a shame. Quaint place but needs work. Hardly AAA 4 star.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I were celebrating Valentines the weekend after. Many places right in town were booked, but finally came upon the Villa Royale. After speaking w/Jack, he actually upgraded us to a small Villa (103). It was perfect, though each room is decorated differently. Originally built as a private residence in 1948 it has 2 pools, jacuzzi and fountains and gardens throughout. It is a bit off the main drag, but quiet and peaceful, exactly what I what I had invisioned. I actually stopped by prior to our visit to check it out. The staff were pleasant and even showed me the room ahead of time. There is a restuarant and bar on grounds, so you could actually stay and never have a reason for leaving. Thank you Jack for making it a truly Happy Valentines Day

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I recently spent a weekend with several other friends at the Villa Royale Inn. This was my 4th. visity to the Inn and I was not disappointed; my friends were also delighted with the Inn.. Both Jacob and Jack were extremely helpful in booking our rooms and in helping to keep track of our group. As previous reviewers have stated, the rooms in this boutique hotel are all configured and furnished differently. I enjoyed staying in the courtyard with its own pool which was nicely heated. Since many of us were leaving early for various activities, many in our group requested early breakfast trays and there was no trouble getting those. (Of course we then missed out on the breakfast for that day). We all opted to have a celebratory dinner at Europa and Mark was wonderful in giving us menu choices that suited all. We enjoyed a delicious dinner and had good service. It seemed that the restaurant, the next morning, was full with most guests arriving right at the opening time. As a result, service was a little slow, but it was apparent that the wait staff was working as quickly and efficiently as possible. All in all, I recommend this hotel highly for its ambiance and helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank hawk46
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We recently spent four nights at the Villa Royale Inn in Palm Springs. It had always been one of my favorite get-away destinations, when I lived in La Jolla, but we now reside in Kuwait, and we were just visiting. We were able to check in a night early, at 10:30PM, which was lovely, and also able to have the same room we were to have the following night. Room 117 is tucked away in a corner, with it's own wooden gate to it's own small courtyard, which was nice and quiet, and exactly as we had hoped for. Some of the rooms face a larger couryard and/or pool area, and can be a bit noisier. We had a queen bed, with a gas fireplace and a small bathroom, but the room was exactly what we knew it would be. Our friends chose a larger room, king bed, larger courtyard, however, they had a babbling brook outside their window, which they enjoyed, but would have driven me crazy. All-in-all, the lodging was exactly the same as it always was with no disappointment! Maid service very good!

The restaurant, Europa, however, seems to have gone downhill since the sale of the property to a hotel chain. It had formerly been owned by a group of older Hollywood actors, and it was run beautifully. The food in Europa was also first-class, with never a complaint, with a nice group of men waiting tables. This time, however, it appeared that the older, friendlier staff had left and been replaced by younger staff, who either hadn't been trained properly, or just hadn't had any restaurant experience. Not good at all!

Breakfast is included with the price of your room, however, the service was horrible. Once served your cup of coffee, they never seemed to return again to offer a second cup, and never to be seen again.

There is still time to change this back to the way it once was, and we hope that is done before we decide to return again.

The pool looked inviting, however, we didn't have bathing suits with us, but there were some people enjoying it, despite the chill in the air!

Room Tip: 171 for a queen room is nice and secluded and quiet!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple