Korakia Pensione
US$ 130
US$ 114
Hilton Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 217
US$ 192
Hilton.com
US$ 80
Motel 6
  • Pool
The Saguaro Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 233
US$ 86
US$ 84
Andreas Hotel & Spa(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 200
US$ 196
Hyatt Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 264
US$ 255
  • Pool
The Palm Springs Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 222
The Monroe Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 131
Hotwire.com
US$ 186
US$ 138
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
All reviewsmoroccan teaclassic moviebedouin suitehuevos rancherosmediterranean poollavender scentedcomplimentary breakfast each morningrecord playerorange slicesmoroccan stylefire pitphoto shootsalt waterfour seasonsfree bikesbike rentalslovely courtyard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I just returned from the most relaxing weekend ever at Korakia Pensione, and felt like I was thousands of miles away from home! The grounds are magical, the staff wonderful, the breakfast delicious! Take advantage of the Sunday morning yoga - and be sure to book a massage!

The rooms have more character than any place I have ever stayed, or at least anywhere in the US. It felt more like Europe, but Palm Canyon is a mere two blocks away.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KarenBLF
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I fell in love. Korakia is like stepping into an old authentic villa in Greece where you immediately feel drawn into some inner rest of the soul and some whiff of magic in the air. I thought I was the Queen of ambiance, but Korakia's got me beat with its hundreds of hand lit tea lanterns, Moroccan music, the sound water, the unconstrained fire, the old world charm and easy elegance. And I'm pretty certain that the beauties who call themselves staff are actually the Korakia Crow shape-shifted into these darling Deva's dressed in black. Rare to find a place with this much simple elegance and soul in the US!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Oh, where to start?? If you like the following:
1. waking up to birds chirping 2. spotting hummingbirds bathing in fountains 3. charmingly rustic details everywhere you look 4. genuinely gracious service without a hint of attitude 5. being served delicious and varied breakfasts (they customized to my "LA" modifications every morning without a hint of huff) 6. having the saline pools (heated depending on temp) mostly to yourself 7. sleeping in a soft feather bed and basically feeling like you are at a dear friend's beautiful home,... then Korakia is for you.

If you are going to get seriously bugged because the "accordian-style" french doors in your room stick and could use some tlc, there is no tv/ phone (in room) or real room service, well, then, you should probably stay somewhere else.

Personally, I didn't know a place this beautiful existed in PS. At the base of sun-bathed mountains just a 5/10 minute walk (depends on how fast you walk) West of downtown PS proper, it is the absolute best location; it is close and convenient to everything (we walked everywhere, never moved our car) but when at KP you feel like you are somewhere exotic and far away...from stress and the everyday.

We stayed on the Mediterranean side (I'm selfishly loathe to give up our room name as I don't want it to be booked next time I go but if you really must know, contact me and I will tell you ;)) which I believe to be more quiet, rooms more spread out and the pool bigger. The yoga/ movie watching platform is also on this side. It made me smile to see petite, little Jasmine walking around replacing all the spent candles (there must be hundreds, on the ground and hanging from trees) and fluffing the pillows on the platform... every night.

Complimentary breakfast is served in the courtyard on the Morrocan side from 8 to 11...perfect breakfast setting. After breakfast you can take one of their Electra-brand bikes (I've stayed places where the complimentary bikes were so old one had to go through a few to find one that worked) they were for a spin or hike the Lyken trail. The trail head is just a few "blocks" away.

My friends called and surprised me with spa treatment and so enjoyed the "rain bath". Amazing. Splendor, the masseuse, is a tiny little thing but has very strong and talented hands.
Everyone was so sweet, I kept exclaiming to hubby, "I LOVE it here" and texting friends pics of the place.

Honestly, I could go on and on. My tastes do run more on the charming, rustic -side rather than the "Fairmont/Ritz-Carlton"-side. We have stayed in such places as well and while the service and comfort-level may be very high, they lack the special beauty and sense of serenity of this little enchanting oasis. The bad reviews KP has receive really shock me but I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea. So you gotta know your tastes and know what you are getting into.

I've never been this compelled to post such a long review before but this place deserves it. And I have pictures to share! ;)

Room Tip: Each room is unique so call and ask about what is important to you, whether it is a big bathroom or quiet and removed from others.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mcm4055
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We checked in on a Friday night(very excited to finally try this place). We were shocked to find that our room smelled overwhelmingly of bleach to the point that our eyes and throats were burning. We tried to air the room out , while we went out for a walk, but were weren't able to get rid of the fumes. Unfortunately the place was full so we couldn't move to another room so we are not sure if it was just that room that was so overpowering. In fact we were so overwhelmed with the smell that we told them we would not be staying. To give credit where it is due, they understood that we were unhappy and didn't charge us. We really appreciated that and thought Eva handled things very well. I am not sure why our experience was so different than other visitors who sound like they really enjoyed themselves.The smell might have been an isolated error by the house keeping staff. We wondered if the "stone" tubs were part of the problem as they would be very difficult to clean. In any event this place didn't impress us in a lot of other ways.The room seemed dark and old and the advertised "full" kitchen was woefully inadequate. We really can't judge the bed quality or the amenities or the breakfast since we couldn't stay in that room. We were disappointed that it turned out this way but we moved on to another place and had a great weekend after all!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RandPEdmonton
Reviewed 27 September 2011

The Korakia is a special place, it is very peaceful and magical. Besides the magic, the service and location are also great.
There are two sides to the Korakia one side is called the Moroccan Villa and the other is the Mediterranean Villa; we stayed at the Mediterranean side in the Thessaly Room. Both sides are beautiful. The Mediterranean side is more spacious or spread out, and I thought quieter; the Moroccan side is smaller and the rooms are closer together, they also had soft music playing during the day which I thought was nice. At night they turn on the fireplaces and fire pits located almost everywhere, plus they light the candles in the beautiful lanterns which give the place a more magical feel.
Outside of the Mediterranean Villa they have an area where they play a movie projecting on the wall, the sitting area is surrounded by pillows. On the same side they have a fire pit with a sitting area all around.
The room was very clean and nice. I enjoyed the sitting area inside and out.
If you are looking to relax and enjoy a stay at a beautiful place give the Korakia a chance, you will not regret it.

Room Tip: There are no TV's, I was surprised but not disappointed .
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple