“Cali Mediterranean ”

Cork Tree California Cuisine
Ranked #7 of 300 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cook Street
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely upscale restaurant perfect for a romantic dinner. Have been wanting to go for a while and finally made it in last Saturday. Nicely decorated with a blend of modern and old world warmth. Very attentive service. As a note for those of you that prefer smaller portions they had mini Caesar, kale and Wedge salads for $6-7. My wife had scallops with citrus risotto as her main. The scallops were large and tasty. I had the duck breast with mushroom risotto. The risotto was dry and more like rice than a true creamy risotto. The duck was done perfectly medium and the reduction that accompanied it was perfect. Both entrees were sufficient for dinner. Expensive but worth it for a special occasion

1  Thank Robyn D

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We have been going to Cork Tree for several years. For some reason the restaurant has changed? I am not sure if it is new owners or what. There appears to be a completely new staff! I was given rave reviews of the lamb chops. It was from Colorado!!! It was the toughest lamb chops I have ever had. They were not trimmed very well. They were initially going to rush through the service and I asked for them to slow down which they did. I did not complain because we are not going again. My wife's food was good.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We made a reservation for 12 and at the last minute had 13 and the servers were great to set up the extra seat. Many of our friends were late coming but the servers were calm and adjusted and gave all fantastic service. We were all in town for a destination wedding and had the mother and father of the bride as our guest.

Lots of great food and drinks were had by all!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

The rack of lamb, kale salad, and apple tort dessert were all extraordinarily delicious!!! While this place is not cheap, it's worth every penny! Kudos as well to the friendly and knowledgeable staff! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

A flawless dining experience as a group of two couples.
Service was impeccable in a lovely beautifully decorated room with balanced mood lighting.
Menu is creative and very appealing.
Every plate we ordered was 'off the hook'.
Wine list was impressive and prices were fair.
I/We are excited to return again soon.
Please go .... you will be very happy.