All reviews club intrawest outdoor shower adult pool bedroom terrace gas fireplace golf course road runner rain shower vacation home golf resort ice maker barbecue area movie theater family pool pools and hot tubs washers and dryers full kitchen
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Maybe I was purposely misled or did not pay sufficient attention, but I saw photos of a good looking facility which had a decent rating and had a discounted special rate from $415/night to $369 via Hotel.com. In Palm Desert that should translate as a nice resort.

What we got was a very nice, quiet time share with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a full kitchen. There is no valet parking, no restaurant of any kind on site (we were told there was a Starbucks in the Ralphs a mile away), no room service and no daily maid service. You have to dump the trash yourself and if you don’t run the dishwasher before you leave you get charged a fee. Oh and yes, there is a $26 a night resort fee, I assume for the four pool towels in the room. So, now I’m way over $400 a night and dumping the trash does not sit well.

While researching where I went wrong, I found out that a one bedroom would have been $174/night and all becomes clear.

If you want someplace to hold up with your family, use the pool, cook your own food…..basically if you originally wanted to rent a time share, this place is clean and the rooms large and well appointed.

It’s simply not properly categorized. Lesson learned.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
EmbarcUWE, General Manager at Embarc Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear DWalker43,
Thank you very much for your review to share with the Trip Advisor community. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your 2 bedroom vacation home. While our housekeeping services and resort amenities are displayed on the Hotels.com website, I can appreciate this might have not been exactly the experience you were looking for. We do feel we are competitively priced within our market based on the services and quality you do receive. As a timeshare, which the majority of the vacation homes are owned by our Membership, we do ask guests to "do their part" of removing the trash and start the dishwasher in order to help conserve housekeeping costs, but also speed up the cleaning time in order to prepare the vacation home for the next Member or Guest. The price of a one bedroom of $174 per night must have been a future night which had significantly less demand, as the price difference between the 1 and 2 bedroom hotel rate is not as drastic of a difference. The resort fee charged to hotel guests covers free wifi, parking, pool and hot tub access, tennis courts, basketball court, arcade, and fitness center. Many resorts are charging this now, instead of individually charging for each and every item you use separately. We do look forward to welcoming you back to Embarc in the future.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Had to get away for a quick last minute vacation and am very happy to have chosen to travel to Embarc in Palm Desert, CA. Beautiful grounds, surrounded by the Desert Willow golf course. Our unit is a 1 bedroom terrace and is spacious, clean and quiet, looking north towards the golf course. Just what I needed, relaxation, sunshine and heat!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear RobCurrie,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am glad to hear we were your perfect getaway retreat. See you soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We checked in today. Beautiful resort surrounded by desert. Our accommodation is superb and brightly coloured in Mexican type theme. We have a one bedroom suite with full kitchen, two showers, two decks, a common pool, hot tub and barbecue area. Parking has shade-roofing to prevent our car from over heating. I think the resort has thought about everything.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
EmbarcUWE, General Manager at Embarc Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Hello Gary,
Thank you very much for your review. Yes, its all about the little details which make a resort special. We are glad you noticed all of the special touches. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Our third time at this resort and we miss it already! It's like being at a Mexican villa. Great decor, pools and scenery. The staff was very friendly. Danny the concierge was really helpful. If you stay at Embarc try to book the terrace room with the outdoor shower. Love it!

Room Tip: If you can climb stairs stay in the terrace room with the outdoor shower.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review. We are thrilled to hear your return visits have been great. I've also passed your feedback onto our team. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Am at palm desert. The encouraged us to a meeting to update us new ways to use our points. 100+ temp and walked from the farthest complex with a beer in hand.

Sheryl dutel was signing us in, who claims upon my asking later is a manager, said "you cannot go to a presentation with alcohol". I said fine since I finished it already and can discard. She said "you cannot attend a presentation if you had been drinking". Her tone was like it is my fault. I said no one mentioned this when we signed up. She repeated her comment.

Nothing about we can try to reschedule or sorry we cannot ... instead I was left to feel like I was try to sneak in a movie theatre. Really?! I have more points than I can use already.

With this attitude no wonder people are not happy to meet with them.

So we did not go to the presentation. Even better.

Stayed: September 2017
EmbarcUWE, General Manager at Embarc Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Stanscuba,
Thank you for your review to share with the Trip Advisor community. Not having alcohol at our Membership Update presentations is in a Member or Guests best interest. At the end of the update, our team will present the current price for Resort Points purchase, and we want to make sure a Member or Guest has a clear viewpoint to make the right decision for themselves, without alcohol perhaps altering one's judgment. We do hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation.