All reviews club intrawest outdoor shower adult pool bedroom terrace gas fireplace golf course road runner rain shower vacation home golf resort ice maker barbecue area movie theater family pool pools and hot tubs washers and dryers ralph's supermarket
Reviewed 24 November 2011

The only thing that was annoying was that the kitchen had no oven. the fridge and freezer were small. The bathrooms were heavenly. Having two twin beds rather than full size beds was weird but the room did have a pull out sofa that was very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2011
4  Thank Chloe_Chrystil
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We are Intrawest members and August 2009 (not 2011) was our first visit to Palm Desert. We stayed in a 2nd floor, 1 bedroomed self-catering apartment with outside patio over looking the adult pool at Palm Desert for 7 days. The apt was clean, comfortable and very well maintained; as was the entire resort. The grounds & landscaped grounds gardens were beautiful. The front desk staff were very helpful and knowledgeable about the local area and attractions and we did day-trips early in the day to explore the area and shop. We spent every afternoon at the adult 'refrigerated' pool. Yes, ...the pool had a cooler which keep the water nice and cool and refreshing in the 114' F heat. After the first day, we wore wide brim hats in the pool so we wouldn't sunburn our faces & heads. We used the gas BBQ area on 3 different occassions. It had lights for evening BBQ-ing and a seating area plus was well maintained and clean. As the supermarket was only 2 or 3 minutes away, we found it easier to pick up fresh fruit, vegetables and bread, etc. each day on the way back to the resort. We took our own cooler with ice from the insuite ice-machine to the pool each day using the plastic cups provided. While very hot in August, the air conditioning in our unit worked very well. The wild rabbits were huge & road-runners fast ...and a constant source of entertainment. We are looking forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kmaccoy
A TripAdvisor Member
Bermuda
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We had a fabulous time at this hotel. We enjoyed the pool area so much it was hard to tear ourselves away and go exploring. Staff that we had contact with were very friendly. We loved our room which was a two bedroom suite, it was so spacious the children spent a lot of time playing hide and seek. The pool area near our room was nice too and lots of families ended up sat around chatting in the pool and hot tub. We did have a really early alarm clock wake up in the kids room from the previous guests but it taught me to always check the alarms in the room because it may not be done for you. One thing that would have made it perfect for us would have been a bar at the main pool area. My son loved the arcade and my daughter loved the kiddie pool.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I have been going here the last five Summers with my family, and have a lot of good memories here. The grounds are beautiful, I love the ducks, rabbits, hummingbirds and other wildlife you see here. The rooms, are cool, spacious and shady. Patios off your unit are nice to relax on when the sun goes down. Beds are okay, but we always bring our own sheets (their bedding is not what most 4 or 5 star hotels would have). Ground units near the family pool have been very enjoyable and relaxing.

The last time we checked in however, we had a horrible experience. Not only when we checked in very late and were given the room key, could we not unlock the door to our unit (which means a drive back to the club house for another room key, then again when the second one didn't work)... then when they finally sent out a handyman with us to open the room, it turned out to be occupied. He quietly tiptoed out and closed and locked the door behind him. Poor guy was as shocked as we were. Apparently the couple was only supposed to be in the lock-off, but went into the main unit. I like how they (Mr. front desk guy) tried to blame the guests, instead of their own staff who obviously didn't prepare the room correctly... what's with that?

Because the ground floor unit we had requested was now 'occupied', they could only give us a room that night on an upper floor (stairs with kids and bags and no direct access to the pool). It had a tub in the middle of the bedroom (not what I want for a family vacation) and an outdoor shower on the patio. The indoor shower didn't work properly and had scalding water (with no temperature control). When it is past midnight with two little kids in tow, the last thing we needed is this gong-show of a check in and a sub-par room. I also didn't want to take advantage of their offer to clean the room we were supposed to get (kicking the couple back into their side of the suite), and move the next day. Too much upheaval for us and the other couple.

The sun came up each morning to fill the master bedroom with light and heat (there are no curtains, just blinds), and I realized that the other rooms I had been in always had the master on the front or would get the evening sun. There would be no sleeping in past 6 am in this room. There are a lot of units over the large complex, and obviously some of them are situated better than others. We were nowhere near the family pool, so we could enjoy scorching ourselves on the walk to the pool with the kids. It was a real 'trip' to get to the pool, instead of just running out the patio door to the pool, and returning for a drink whenever the kids wanted. You can call the front desk to send out a golf cart & driver (to get you to the pool), but it is very inconvenient.

In conclusion, because this is a time-share you can only 'request' rooms and nothing is guaranteed. I don't know if I can vacation like this anymore -- as at least if I book into a resort, what I pay guarantees my room type and often the location too. Some of the rooms are fantastic, but I can see how someone can be unimpressed by a stay here. If this was my first experience here I would have never returned.

Meh. Double meh.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank epicureangirl
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stayed in a 2 bedroomed self catering apartment at Palm Desert which was perfect. The accomodation was very clean and comfortable and the landscaped gardens were beautifully maintained. The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable about the local area and attractions, recommending appropriate activities for us as a family. On site cinema was fun with 'premiere seats' at the back. The selection of pools was good and scattered around the complex. Each garden area had a gas BBQ area which was well used and cleaned meticulously each morning.
No site shop or bar available but supermarket across the road. It is worthwhile getting the loyality card for the supermarket as it gave immediate discounts.
Guests were encourage to bring their own drinks to the pool area and plastic cups were provided.
Very hot in August - 117 F but we escaped to the nearby San Jacinto National Park which is accessed via a cable car and was 30 degrees cooler.
The wild rabbits which lived in the grounds where a source of fascination for our youngest child and humming birds were frequently seen in the garden.
Club Intrawest is a timeshare resort but no attempt was made to sell us timeshare during our 6 day stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family