We were able to check-in around 11:30 when actual check-in was 3 or 4. That was key because our infant had to eat at 12 so it was perfect. The gal at registration was great - we went through a few options of room choices and she was very accommodating to change the room until it met our needs. Even though I had a baby with me, I'm glad I went through the exercise of seeing all our options because the room got better and better every time we looked at our options. We ended up in the "quiet area" of the hotel (near child pool) overlooking the 1st golf hole and mountains on the 3rd floor. It was a trek to get to the room because the property is so spread out but well worth it.
We were near the child pool and hung out in the cabanas each day and were just down the elevator from the casual restaurant, which I highly recommend. It was nice enough for a nice dinner and buffet breakfast but casual enough to have a fussy baby. The brunch/breakfast was great and they were very accommodating...even though the cappuccino machine was in the buffet area, when I asked to make one, I was told they would make it for me, and then we had a $5 charge on our bill, hmmm... they have great pool service (even at the kid pool) to order food and drink, which I thought was very cool since there were hardly any people at the pool but the staff was very service oriented and offered help a few times. They have a prime rib/seafood buffet on Fri/Sat, which we didn't make, but for $30ea seemed like a great deal! I wish we would have tried it as our lobby sushi bill was almost $100, BUT the fish was very fresh and delic!
They have great bird exhibits which we took our baby to every morning, which was very entertaining for him.
If you are a golfer - make sure to ask for a tee-time around the 7am hour as when my husband made a reservation via phone he was told it would be $160, but when he arrived he was charged ~$50-60 because it was during this time and therefore made a tee-time for the next day at the same price - total deal!
I've stayed at many hotels where the infant cribs were worry-some because the mattress was so soft and in poor condition but we were extremely please when the crib arrived and it was a hard mattress, clean and they delivered a clean cute blanket as well. We also asked for a microwave which they accommodated so we could reheat food or heat hot water to place our milk bottles in to help get them to room temp. There was also a fridge in the room so we could store our milk.
The valet parking at $26 was a lot but with an infant, well worth it. We signed up for daily internet but never got charged for it, which was nice... maybe a loophole signing up 1 day at a time instead of agreeing to pay for the whole stay but we needed it so either way it worked out.
All in all, a great stay!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your go-to desert playground. From the moment you approach the palm-lined path leading to JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, the excitement begins. Our Palm Desert hotel has it all, including an active lobby complete with gondolas and meandering waterways, six restaurants serving everything from fresh sushi to locally sourced culinary delights, two championship golf courses, and spacious guest rooms. After an exhilarating day of playing and exploring, you may recharge at Spa Desert Springs, or soak up the sun at any of our four pools with gorgeous views of the nearby mountains. Adding to your options are an onsite fitness center, extensive tennis center and volleyball courts, and a nearby jogging path. Our JW Marriott also features 210,000 square feet of dazzling event space for weddings and conferences. Play in style, experience JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Agoda, Prestigia and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Resort And Spa
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Hotel Palm Desert
- Jw Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Marriott
- Jw Marriott Desert Springs