My family and I have been coming to this Residence Inn for years and have always been satisfied, until our recent trip. The rooms and grounds need serious attention and the rooms also are in need of repairs and updating. I booked our reservations 6 months in advanced to assure we can get near the pool because of my kids etc. We planned on being there for rest, relaxation and playing in the pool. The years we've have gone before we have always met lots of family's with kids etc and its a family atmosphere. When we arrived I was told all those rooms are booked by long term guests by the pool. I thought this hotel was for vacationers etc, boy was I wrong. The hotel was over half full of these "Long Term Guests". I would think they would accommodate their vacationers and Marriott rewards guests a little better. Maybe by putting the long term guests in the back of the hotel grounds to leave near the pool area for vacationers. I don't have a problem with long term guests staying at hotels, but this time it seemed like everyone there was a long term guests and the hotel was more accommodating to them first. The grounds around the pool and hotels needed some serious attention. The trees are overgrown, plant debris everywhere and dead or dying plants. The pool itself was a mess and had not been cleaned while we were there or even the debris around the pool. The pool it self was cloudy and full of debris. Out of the 3 jacuzzi's only 1 was hot and that one was the dirtiest and really filthy. I wouldn't go in it at all. That is the best part of vacation is relaxing in the jacuzzi. Our last evening there we planned on going to the pool for an evening swim and where stopped by one of the "guest" to say that someone had used the bathroom (#2) in the pool. I was shocked and thought ok maybe it was a kid, but this "guest" said oh no it was an adult. They saw who did it and saw them just walk away like no big deal and they do this all the time. This "guest" said he informed the hotel on 3 different times to come and take care of it, but up signs and even worn their guests about what happened. This "guest" said he had been standing by the pool gates for awhile to let people know not to go in. Finally after about 45 minutes the hotel finally put up signs that the pool is closed. Did they drain the pool NO!!!, YUCK!! Who knows if the right amount of chemicals where even used?? By the next morning the pool was open again and I told my kids no way in hell are you going in the pool. My family and I probably will never come back to this hotel again. I am very sad and disappointed. This use to be a clean, beautiful hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 350 sunny days a year, guests at our Palm Desert hotel enjoy stunning views of the Santa Rosa Mountains and outdoor activities like golf (over 30 courses) or tennis (over 150 courts) all year long. Shop at over 1,050 retail establishments, venture to several premiere casinos, or take the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway up to Mt. San Jacinto. Our property specializes in extended stays, so you can expect finding home comforts, including a fully equipped kitchen, spas, complimentary buffet breakfast and evening social receptions. Leave your grocery list at the front desk and come back to a fully stocked kitchen at night at our suites in Palm Desert, California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Palm Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Palm Desert Hotel Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Residence Inn