“Romantic dinner”

Mimmo's Italian Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Mimmo's Italian Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 304 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 32
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Owners Mimmo and Victoria Di Salvo The summer of 2009 a seed was planted in our imagination...Wouldn’t it be fantastic to own a restaurant together and bring to our guests the same fresh natural foods we’ve been serving to our family and friends in our home. ~ On April 30, 2012 our dream became a reality. ~Certain requirements had to be in place ~ top quality local produce, high quality meatsand fish, fresh picked herbs from our garden, organic eggs, sugars, and whole grain flours. Our credo is ~ If we can make it ourselves, then let’s do it. All our sauces, ravioli, dressings, tapenade, breads, and desserts are made daily in our kitchen. The foundation of good Italian cooking is the freshest of ingredients prepared with simplicity, bringing together flavors so no one ingredient overpowers another. Mimmo’s Italian roots begin in his hometown of Bagheria, Sicily. The fresh fruits and vegetables picked from his family’s farm were on the table, or tavola, that night. Our logo of the lemon and lemon flower, or zagara, is a symbol of Sicily’s rich history of growing and exporting lemons, and a reminder of Mimmo’s many memories of lemon picking in his grandfather’s groves.At Mimmo’s we strive to maintain the same high standards of our tavola at home to you, our valued guest.Buon Appetito! Mangia e Bevi!
Reviewed 13 October 2015

Love this place. Second time I have been back and will make sure next we are visiting here we go again. Food is delicious and service is excellent. I had veal parmagiana and it melted like butter. My husband had the seafood pasta and he raved about it!

Reviewed 30 September 2015

We ate here last night because of the rave reviews on Trip Advisor. We liked the caprese salad with balsamic dressing. I had linguine puttanesca which was okay but much too much sauce on it and lumped together. My husband had the crab ravioli which was fine. The waiters were very friendly and nice. It did seem that there were a few locals that frequent this business according to their comments when leaving. Just curious why it's getting rave reviews?

3  Thank 785karenf
Reviewed 30 September 2015

Last time I had great Veal Parmigiana....was in 1974. It was gigantic and tender like a Cherub. Mimmo's is Authentic, Italiano fare, worthy of your well-earned dollar.

1  Thank Zachary A
Reviewed 24 September 2015

The whole dinning experience and atmosphere is worth the trip alone! The servers are always attentive and on point when it come's to making the customer happy. Oh yea, did I mention... their food is out of this world! One of my favorite things about them as well is there "HUGE" menu.

Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

Very pleasant atmosphere. Had an excellent Caesar salad and the absolute best linguine puttanesca I have ever eaten in my life!