“Great place, need to work on kids program”

Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Palm Desert
Reviewed 12 September 2017

It's a nice resort that's not too far of a drive from L.A. Great for weekend getaways. You have your own kitchen in the 1 and 2 bedroom units. Very close to Costco, Sam's Club and Walmart to get food and supplies. Also plenty of restaurants and fast food around for those in the studios. The grounds and rooms are well maintained. The staff is friendly. What keeps me from giving it five stars is the nickel and diming for the kids activities. There are very few of them and most of them cost. I wish Marriott would study Disney Resorts on how to run a kids program.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank KennyVeldheer
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. It is very important to us and has been shared with our senior resort management. We look forward to exceeding expectations on your next Marriott Vacation Club stay.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The staff was super friendly. There are many activities at this resort for kids and even have a "swim in" movie. The resort offers a shuttle to get around the property which can be handy in the hot weather. Rooms have a nice floor plan and kitchenette. We have stayed at multiple hotels in palm dessert/rancho mirage, but are now sold on this property.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for a perfect review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here in Palm Desert.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel was so nice the customer service was so good the pool had a wonderful waterslide the room service was excellent the beds were clean and there were things to do like playing pool and golf and I would go again if I want to again

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you for choosing Marriott's Shadow Ridge for your special occasion. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for a perfect review.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Rented a week stay on Redweek. Did a little homework first, and should of listened to what I read about this resort...
In May 2017, this resort had 4 people (2 children) shocked in their pool - due to an electrical shortage. In July 2017, the same resort had 13 people (9 children & 4 adults) admitted to the hospital after having trouble breathing -- a chemical vapor was coming from the pools filtration system...a Hazmat team had to be called in to investigate...

I had the owner of this week put the reservation put into my name. I was emailed the change. Called 1 day before arrival to verify everything was good for our arrival the next day also. The next day, upon arrival at the resort, waited over an hour and 15 minutes to check in - with the front desk saying someone already checked into our room, and they couldn't figure out how or why?
Has any of you ever waited 75 minutes to check in before? - and then tell you they still don't have an answer for you, but they will let you stay the night anyway (1 night only) - until they can call Marriott Owner Services the next day to check on everything. The next day, the manager called me 2 hours later than she had told me she was going to, and then told me that Owner Services was still closed (it was a Sunday), and that I could now pay for another night (in a completely different room) - if I wanted to stay for an answer from Marriott Owner Services the next morning...(I had already paid for a whole week!) ...
I packed up my family, and made another reservation down the street, and left this resort as fast as we could. I HONESTLY do believe this resort could be managed better by trained monkeys... The double management team of Dan and Diane were the worst at their jobs. I run my own business, and would of never treated my customers the way I was treated by them...they were totally lost - and I'm sure they still are - even after talking to Marriott Owner Services. A customer like myself should of NEVER been put "on hold" like they did to me - and to tell me that the only possible answer to any problem was "owner services" & that no one else in the whole Marriott system could make a small decision like this one - was completely ridiculous. I will never visit this resort again, and I don't recommend anyone else either!!! What a nightmare this place was!!!!!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Mauiman99999
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed in learning of your experience. Please contact the Customer Care team by calling 800-860-9384, and a Customer Care Manager can assist with your concerns.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Although we live in Orange County California, we really enjoy a week in the dead of winter at Marriott's Shadow Ridge! Like many of the Marriott's offerings "the Ridge" is not a disappointment, immaculately cared for, great amenities, quiet and close proximity to whatever your heart desires! Well equipped kitchen, if you do not want to cook, there are restaurant choices on the premises & in the Coachella Valley. If you are into hiking, golf, tennis, swimming, spa or just people watching this is a great choice!

Room Tip: Be sure you indicate families with children or adult couples to get the "village" you desi...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobshafer1

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Marriott's Shadow Ridge. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again sometime!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Desert
3.7 km away
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
0.2 km away
Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves

Been to Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK