Rented a week stay on Redweek. Did a little homework first, and should of listened to what I read about this resort...
In May 2017, this resort had 4 people (2 children) shocked in their pool - due to an electrical shortage. In July 2017, the same resort had 13 people (9 children & 4 adults) admitted to the hospital after having trouble breathing -- a chemical vapor was coming from the pools filtration system...a Hazmat team had to be called in to investigate...
I had the owner of this week put the reservation put into my name. I was emailed the change. Called 1 day before arrival to verify everything was good for our arrival the next day also. The next day, upon arrival at the resort, waited over an hour and 15 minutes to check in - with the front desk saying someone already checked into our room, and they couldn't figure out how or why?
Has any of you ever waited 75 minutes to check in before? - and then tell you they still don't have an answer for you, but they will let you stay the night anyway (1 night only) - until they can call Marriott Owner Services the next day to check on everything. The next day, the manager called me 2 hours later than she had told me she was going to, and then told me that Owner Services was still closed (it was a Sunday), and that I could now pay for another night (in a completely different room) - if I wanted to stay for an answer from Marriott Owner Services the next morning...(I had already paid for a whole week!) ...
I packed up my family, and made another reservation down the street, and left this resort as fast as we could. I HONESTLY do believe this resort could be managed better by trained monkeys... The double management team of Dan and Diane were the worst at their jobs. I run my own business, and would of never treated my customers the way I was treated by them...they were totally lost - and I'm sure they still are - even after talking to Marriott Owner Services. A customer like myself should of NEVER been put "on hold" like they did to me - and to tell me that the only possible answer to any problem was "owner services" & that no one else in the whole Marriott system could make a small decision like this one - was completely ridiculous. I will never visit this resort again, and I don't recommend anyone else either!!! What a nightmare this place was!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern California's magnificent mountain ranges serve as the breathtaking backdrop for Marriott's Shadow Ridge. Spacious villas overlook rolling fairways and sparkling lakes weaving throughout the landscape. Beautiful master suites feature a king bed and oversized soaking tub while the spacious living and dining areas, and fully kitchen offer convenience and comfort. Swing by the Faldo Golf Institute by Marriott and try your luck on the championship course. Then relax at Nick Faldo's Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Shadow Ridge Hotel Palm Desert
- Marriotts Palm Desert
- Marriotts Hotel Shadow Ridge
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Shadow Ridge
- Marriotts Shadow Ridge