“Excellent lamb/beef gyro and spanakopita”
Review of Athena Gyro

Athena Gyro
Ranked #109 of 300 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Reviewed 11 February 2018

The gyro bread is soft and fresh, the lamb/beef was tasty and plentiful and the tzatziki was great. We will return for dinner. Popular for lunch. Service was a little slow but we weren't in a hurry. We enjoyed the fresh looking decor.

2  Thank TorontoSandee

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

I’m from New York and have travelled to Greece. This restaurants food is excellent and tastes homemade. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank lisab4142014
Reviewed 4 January 2018

My brother and I ate here twice during our recent trip to Palm Springs. The lamb shank was amazing. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Jay S
Reviewed 4 January 2018

My husband and I ate earlier tonight at Athena Gyro. The owner Al is Greek/Turkish and very friendly and helpful. We had appies first, feta, olives and pita bread, and dolmades. Yum yum. For our mains, I had grilled salmon with Greek herbs on it, and my husband ate lamb shank, his favorite food in the Greek world. He loved his lamb shank, my salmon was good. We finished with Baklava, and he had Turkish coffee. The prices were excellent, modest, and the place is clean and looks fairly new. We'll return again, as we love Greek food. We also shared a bottle of Retsina wine.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Gotta tell ya that this place really is the best greek gyro in town! Ofcourse, other delicious options as well and they have been running specials a lot more. Def recommend this place for any and everyone, 2 thumbs up guys!

1  Thank alpercho