“Terrible Customer Service - Fire alarm went off all night” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Comfort Suites
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Calgary, Canada
“Terrible Customer Service - Fire alarm went off all night”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and it was seemingly decent. However during one of the nights, the fire alarm went off over and over in the middle of the night giving us the worst hotel experience we have ever had. After the alarm woke us up for a 3rd time, I tried to call the front desk to find out what was going on. The line was busy (as I am sure many other guests were doing the same thing as me). I tried to fall back asleep but was awoke again and again by the fire alarm (going off roughly every half hour). At this point I went downstairs to the front desk to find out what was going on and management didn't know why, and said they couldn't stop it, they said we could speak to the hotel manager the next day. This was important to us as obviously at the very least we wanted to be reimbursed for that nights stay. The next morning we were very upset after having such a terrible sleep and tried to get in touch with the hotel manager. The front desk people took messages for the manager to get back to us but he did not contact us during the rest of our stay. Upon departure I gave them my home number and again insisted on having the manager call. We called several times over the next few months and the manager never called me back.

**I caution anyone who is thinking about staying at this hotel because if you do have any issues, it is impossible to contact the manager for a solution.**

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank BAMKO
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

stayed several nights on upper floor (3d), in room facing a Motel 6. (Only noticeable noise came from patrons of Motel 6 as they came & went.)

Room was clean & decent size. Staff quite helpful & pleasant. Free breakfast fine, with whole fruit (apples, bananas & oranges) rather than cut up portions. Pretty close to groceries & restaurants.

One comment: elevator had carpeting (instead of tile), which was beaten down & dirty. Only jarring note to otherwise good hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
San Bernardino, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

I went to the Comfort Suites in Palm Desert I had looked at this hotel because it was in our coupon book. We looked at the hotel it was a nice property and had nice rooms. We went their and the sales advisor said they only had 2 coupon rooms which was not a problem. But she would not let us check in even though their was nobody their. She even suggested to call the other hotels. That is not good service. She lost a costermer and I would not stay their if I am in the area again.

Room Tip: Try Best Western Palm Desert Resort Instead
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

Checking in was a breeze with an excellent young man who put me on the 3rd floor as I had requested when I made the reservation. They had a nice bowl of red delicious apples in the lobby. When I arrived at the room it was very nicely equiped and cleaned to perfection. As the evening progressed, I couldn't believe how quiet it was - I was thinking, "am I the only one on the 3rd floor?" I took advantage of the hot tub which was clean and very comfortable. The bed was very comfortable, the air conditioner efficient and quiet. I slept as well as I sleep in my own bed. Breakfast was decent with scrambled eggs, ham, breads, cereal, yogurt, coffee, fruit and the waffles I never eat. I was extremely happy with this stay and will not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I always ask for the top floor so I won't have people walking around above me while I'm tryi...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Woodpecker48
Chula Vista, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

The Comfort Suites Palm Desert was a clean, comfortable hotel adjacent to the interstate. We were in Indio for a square dance convention and chose this hotel because it was only 5 or 6 miles away from the dance site and closer hotels were booked, too expensive, or poorly rated. We did not spend a lot of time at the hotel other than to sleep and ate breakfast away from the hotel with family, but it suited our needs. The bed was comfortable, the air conditioning worked well and ran quietly, the bathroom was large, and there was a sofa in the room for reading. I was a little taken aback by the sign in the bathroom saying how much we would be charged if we stole the towels ... perhaps they have a problem with theft, but I didn't really like being suspected of thievery. Ask for a room on the top floor ... there was a lot of noise transmitted from the room above and we were unable to change rooms because the hotel was full. Fortunately, by the time we went to bed the noisy teens had settled down and we were able to get a very quiet night's sleep.

Room Tip: All rooms are non smoking. Be sure to ask for a room on the top floor ... it will be quieter and th...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple