“Best Mediterranean Food in the Desert”

Evzin Mediterranean Cuisine
Ranked #32 of 300 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 30
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Look no further if you have a taste for Mediterranean food. We ate there for the first time recently & have discovered a new go to restaurant.

I had the chicken shawarma; my wife the shashik spiced beef--both were excellent. The couple next to us recommends the saffron citrus chicken. Both our meals came with tabbouleh salad. My wife's also included burnt eggplant that rivals homemade baba ghanoush made by a Turkish friend of ours. Their tzatziki is the best I've tasted outside of Chicago.

Suffice it to say this is a new favorite of ours. The dining room is small & spare yet the noise level is acceptable--we were able to hold a reasonable conversation with the next table. Reservations are needed even in July our off season! This is a neighborhood gem.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Great little med bistros and only walking distance to the Ace Hotel.Octopus salad one of the best I’ve had outside Spain .Lamb plate exc quality and yogurt cheesecake not to be missed .Great modern setting w excellent table service.A real gem on the 111.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We loved the open contemporary urban atmosphere and the sincere friendliness of the owner who happened to great us at the door and take us to a perfect table for dinner. My friend and I split and appetizer of tender calamari and a large collection platter of perfectly spiced mediterranean foods that were just brilliant! We have since returned three times within the last month, bringing with us other foodie friends.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I’m not given to raving about restaurants. To me food is food unless it’s exceptional. Well this is a small restaurant with exceptional food. Easily the best Falafel I have had since my childhood when falafel first became popular in the US and several Israelis opened up a falafel shop in my neighborhood in Brooklyn.
Amanda , our server, was friendly and attentive without being overbearing.
This is their first location and they just opened one in downtown Palm Springs.

1  Thank Flecdoc
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We visited for lunch after spending the morning at Joshua Tree. The service was great. Food was fantastic. We had the shawarma spiced lamb and Greek salad.