“Neighborhood Sushi with Keiko and Kelly”

Kani-Kosen Japanese Seafood
Ranked #52 of 94 Restaurants in Pacifica
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 9 August 2017

This is a nice little sushi joint with a husband and wife team who have been making delicious food for years. Dim inside, and some relaxing Japanese traditional music in the background it's a nice experience.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Good food, but I don't need to return. Pricey, but you would expect that for Japanese. Sushi is available, but we had meals that were ok.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 15 October 2016

First off the sushi didn't even come with soup after ordering $35 worth, the veg.rolls were little for the price. My friends were told that they had to order at least $15.00 of food to be served excuse me we wanted something light it was stated that the three of us share what we ordered. After a discussion with the waitress the owner asks us to leave after we just received the check with the sushi wrapped up to go. It's like we wanted to have it in the restaurant.I was getting up to leave the sushi there then tell them ''where to go''. My friend paid for it then we left. How rude that was when we had 12 cucumber rolls 6 pieces of nigiri nearly $40.00 I would not come in here again had I known that there were a couple of places up the road, Absurd to say the least, the people in there just hanging out were less to be desired as well as we were given hard stares as we left by regulars.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank valdlaff
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Kani Kosen has the best sushi. Extremely fresh fish. Also the meat cooked dishes are excellent. My favorites are the ginger beef and the lamb chops. Kelly the chef is amazing. Keiko the owner is a lovely hostess. Very welcoming and friendly. We never miss a visit there when we are in town.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 20 October 2015

This was a good restaurant at one time not long ago. First they won't give you soup for the second person even if your ordering $40.00 of sushi is stingy. The food is overpriced with minimal satisfaction with the meal, It's not that the food was terrible , it's alright yet not worth the price. The restaurant has little atmosphere it's dimly lit so nearly dark in that place The thing that made me give a ''1'' rating was mainly the fact that my roommate left money to pay the bill on the table ,then went to the restroom. After she came out I was just outside the restaurant when commotion was taking place .The people inside claimed she never paid I saw that she did , someone in their stole the money off the table or picked it up never claiming it. Plain simple. Afterwards a couple of regulars started getting a little hostile with us claiming we didn't pay. Too bad they don't have cameras as my roommate was shoved by a customer with shady people in that place. The police filed a report then were told to stay away. Whatever ,never ever again. The owners are shady, with family members not to be trusted working there

Date of visit: June 2015