“Sea food on the beach”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Great morning breakfast watch the waves. Beautiful night sunsets. Food great especially the Crab Sandwhiches. Prime Rib to die for.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

This ninety year old place is one of greatest best places for the ocean view and crab sandwich! An absolute must if you are in the Bay Area!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I was able to walk to Nick's from my hotel. i can recommend their fish and chips with generous portions of each item. I enjoyed a glass of wine with my meal. I had a view of the ocean from my table. The waiter said there had been some whales off Rockaway Beach in the afternoon.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Situated at the water's edge, the view is spectacular. This is a nice locals hangout so don't expect, nor rate the place thinking white linen restaurant. Well worn Formica and well work booths that ooze old-time familiarity are the order of the day when you visit. Both of us had the crab sandwich which is enormous. Expect to take half home unless you have a hefty appetite because the sandwich is huge, stuffed with lots of crab. While it states "famous" was good, not great. DOn;t be turned off; still a good meal. Service is really good not pushy and willing to accommodate any request. Our local contact, who lives nearby, swears by the baked goods so definitely try the desserts. Prices are typical for a seafood place (aka be prepared to shell out more than usual). enjoy!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Often shrouded in fog, if you can go to this restaurant on a clear day as we did and be fortunate to sit at a window table (as we did by arriving at 4:30pm), you will be rewarded with great views while you dine. My husband and mother-in-law both had the crab sandwich, Nick's specialty. This is not an inexpensive sandwich but a very generous size (both loved it and both brought home half to savor tomorrow). I wish my vegan burger was as good but although it was flavorful, it was very dry. I didn't even eat the bun. Although it would make it non-vegan, a slice of melted cheese might have saved this burger. My mother-in-law, who loves this restaurant was disappointed to learn they no longer have eggplant fries on the menu (it was explained that they could not consistently acquire quality eggplant. We did, however, all enjoy the pickle fries with ranch dressing as our side. Nick's is celebrating their 90th anniversary (per the cocktail napkin) and is a favorite of many locals (and I would assume tourists) - just stick to the crab sandwich!