“Good chowder and fish, charming location, medium setup, a bit overpriced ”
Review of Nick's Rockaway

Nick's Rockaway
Ranked #1 of 87 Restaurants in Pacifica
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

They serve some good seafood here including scallops, crabs and fresh fish. Their clam chowder is very good, if rate it a B+. I also ordered the fish of the day - halibut and loved it although veggies that came with it were mediocre to say the least. I'd expect a bit more for a $30 plate. Potatoes bed reminded me of a Diner experience I'm avoiding. Wine was ok. Overall a good seafood restaurant in an excellent by the ocean location, a little outdated and with some poor setup at the table - the glass for wine was from a dollar store and not a goblet in which I could enjoy wine. Overall I rate this one a B-, B+ for the main food ingredient, D for setup at the table, C+ for service which was ok, initially slow but then very prompt. Expect to leave $60+ per person.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

We stopped here for lunch because of a suggestion from a friend and we were not disappointed!

The menu was large and varied, but I only had one thing on my mind - the crab sandwich. So much fresh crab meat, and the pattie was not fried like we do on the East Coast. It was delicious - tasted like the crisp, clean, salty ocean and was amazing! I had the eggplant fries for my side (they make fries from eggplant?) and yum-yum!

The ambiance is lovely with a view of the ocean, but its a rather large restaurant, so I'm not certain how romantic it would be on a busy evening.

Hint - there is a sizeable parking lot. Do NOT park in the spaces closest to the water because if the tide is high and the winds are up, your car will be covered with the splash from the salty ocean.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Don't miss a chance to dine at Nick's. The steak was SO goood! Well worth the visit, Amazing! Service was well too.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

We each enjoyed their clam chowder and shared a grilled crab sandwich with avocado. The sunset view was obstructed by the parked cars, but it was an enjoyable meal that we had en route to the airport before heading back east. It was only 20 minutes drive to to the San Francisco airport and easy to navigate with GPS on our phone.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

So the cocktails were Awesome, but the food was WAY overpriced for the quality. Started with the Prawn Appetizer which was crunchy and way over cooked. We had the "Famous" crab sandwich as our main course. Lots of crab with absolutely no flavor on very thick pieces of french bread. The crab was plentiful and screamed for some seasoning. The view, however can't be beat. But what is up with the creepy motel rooms off the side of the restaurant. What a great movie set for a slasher movie....

1  Thank Diana B