We booked a 2-night stay in a queen-bedded room at the Bide-A-Wee Inn in September via the Inn website.
The Inn was easy to find and in the lovely location of Pacific Grove in Monterey, very close to 17-mile Drive. We were allocated room 112 which had parking outside. The room was very clean and tidy with a small table and chairs and also a microwave, fridge and toaster. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was fairly small but well designed and had a good supply of towels and a hot powerful shower. There was WiFi available which worked well and was of a good speed in the room.
Breakfast is included in the price and was a self service continental buffet style which could be collected from the reception and taken back to our room to be eaten. There was a good range of food including pastries, muffins, different breads with a toaster, coffee, fruit and fruit juice.
Although only staying for a couple of days, we wished we had booked the one bedroom with living room for a bit more space as we carry a lot of luggage! However the room was perfectly adequate and comfortable for our stay. The location is very quiet and the gardens are well tended with a wealth of birds on the feeders and the big plus is that it was only a few minutes stroll to the rocky coast with its lovely board walks.
As we did not want to drive all the way into Monterey for our evening meals, we ate at the nearby ‘Fishwife’ restaurant in Sunset Drive (near Asilomar beach), only a few minutes drive from Bide-A-Wee. This is very popular for good reason - excellent food (especially seafood) and reasonable priced.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay at Bide-A-Wee again if we were in the area but probably upgrade to the 2-room suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quaint and Quiet Lodging in Pacific Grove, CaliforniaThe Bide-A-Wee Inn and Cottages is a quaint and quiet rustic inn on the tip of the Monterey Peninsula offering pet friendly lodging accommodations. Nestled in a beautifully wooded area on Asilomar Blvd., in Pacific Grove CA, the Bide-A-Wee is just a 3 minute walk from the Pacific Ocean, Point Pinos Lighthouse and the Pacific Grove Golf course. Enjoy miles of beautiful walk and bike paths, or experience the "17 Mile Drive", one of the most famous and magnificent stretches of road in the country, which showcases the spectacular Pacific shoreline and vast ocean view. Just minutes away are the world famous Monterey Bay Aquarium and Cannery Row, as well as the world famous Pebble Beach Golf Links.The Bide-A-Wee Inn & Cottages is just a 10 minute drive away from Carmel and all Monterey tourist attractions, and many of the finest restaurants and shops are just a 5 minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Bide-A-Wee-Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bide-a-Wee-Inn And Cottages
- Bide-a-Wee-Inn & Cottages Hotel Pacific Grove