My husband and I recently stayed here in the Rocky Shores room. The property was immaculate and the room overlooked the ocean. Customer service was fantastic and the staff & accommodations couldn't be better. The bed was like a cloud and I fell in love with the sheets!
There are bike/kayak/paddle board rentals close by, and it was within walking distance of the aquarium & Cannery Row. Also a short drive to Carmel, which is where we spent most of our time. The beaches are cleaner in Carmel also.
Good to know: our room was on the 3rd floor. As far as I could tell, there were no elevators on the property. It was fine for us (and my husband who got to carry our luggage) but if going up & down stairs is an issue, maybe a different room would be better.
The only reasons I didn't give it 5 stars are: unfortunately we booked during a heat wave and there is no air conditioning, which is not uncommon in the area but the room is on the 3rd floor and got very warm. There was no breeze at all so even with windows open, there was no "cool ocean breeze" and sleeping was a little difficult. However, there was a small fan that we put in the window and it helped.
Also, this probably applies to Pacific Grove and it's tourists/inlanders looking for relief from the heat more than the property itself but never the less, it subtracted from our lovely vacation. Trash on the beaches. Tons of it. I booked this property in part due to it's proximity to Lovers Point and my husband and I got up really early, grabbed a coffee and went to see the sun rise (I think I heard that it's one of the only places on the west coast that you can watch the sun rise over the water due to it's orientation). There was a heartbreaking amount of trash on the beach and at the park. On the positive side, there was a humpback whale feeding in the bay and it was magical but made me that much more conscious of all the trash, some of which I'm sure ends up in the ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seven Gables Inn overlooks beautiful Monterey Bay and offers dramatic views of the Pacific Ocean and coastal mountains from all directions. ALL OCEAN VIEW ROOMS with ensuite bathrooms. Complimentary bountiful breakfast served in the oceanfront dining room overlooking Lover's Point cove. Complimentary afternoon wine and cheese pouring only Monterey County wines. Complimentary evening housemade cookies and milk to finish your day. Complimentary high speed WIFI. Free parking. Close to Monterey Aquarium, Cannery Row, 17 Mile Drive, Carmel, Big Sur and other scenic sights. View our website for additional information on rooms and special rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Seven Gables Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 7 Gables Inn
- Seven Gables Hotel Pacific Grove
- Seven Gables Inn Grand View Inn
- Seven Gables Inn Monterey