This home sits just a few blocks from the ocean and all the amenities of Pacific Grove and Monterey have to offer. The weather did not place a damper on our fun. If you wanted to you could spend your time playing ping pong, hustling your friends at 9-ball or you could try your hand at golf on the outdoor putting green. Early evening you would find our crew sitting around the fire pit enjoying an adult beverage or two. We chose to relax at some of many restaurants in the area. On the other hand, you can cook up a great meal in the wonderful kitchen if that were your thing.
I grew up in PG and have 2 kids under 5. I know the area and what it has to offer. Usually going the hotel route, prices have been ridiculous, so I decided to try a vacation rental. After experiencing the awesomeness of this rental, I AM NEVER GOING TO STAY AT A HOTEL IN PG AGAIN.
I gave 5 stars for the overall because it was nothing short of outstanding. The pics on the websites don't really do the place justice and we about flipped out when we first walked in the front doors. It was AWESOME.
Master suite is massive with 2 HUGE walk-in closets. Guest suite also had its own bathroom and guest bedroom was more than adequate in size. No shortage of bathrooms.
Only things I would suggest SVR improved are the following:
- water heater needs to be updated/bigger. Lost hot water after 10 min, so kinda interesting when bathing kids and adults, even when hurrying.
- need better pest control solution. We were plagued by ants after rain, but more so than it should have been. There was pet/kid friendly spray under sink, but needed to be professionally serviced and maintained better. This is my ONLY real "complaint."
- wood burning stove only allowed to burn Fire Logs? Come on...
- would look in to whole-home coverage for wifi. Got pretty spotty in different sections of the house.
- some updated outlets with USB connections would be nice too.
Overall, good FAR outweighed bad, however, and my family had a blast. DEFINITEY staying here again next visit.
The Hunter Family absolutely had the best and most relaxing time in this comfortable, entertaining, luxurious, and fun home!!! Everything offered was so top notch. We had so much fun staying there. So much to offer... pool table, ping pong, putting green, ample sleeping and bathroom arrangements and fantastic kitchen. For young and old it was superb. It didn't matter that it rained part of the time. We would love to stay there again and make this an annual family tradition.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children||People with pets|