Lowest prices for your stay
$181
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Residence Inn
$183
Trip.com
$178
Expedia.com$183
Hotels.com$183
Priceline$183
All reviews golf course yogurt bedroom property units inns freeway
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2020

We checked in on our way back from an anniversary trip up the Central Coast of CA. We had heard noise in the wall after dinner and thought it might be water pipes. As it got louder I started to look around the kitchen. When I opened the cabinet under the sink I saw a sizable rat in the trash can eating our leftovers. My wife and I packed up immediately. When I went to the front desk the representative did not seem that surprised and said he would look for a new room. My wife wanted nothing to do with that place now, so we drove the rest of the way home that night. They refunded the room cost, but never followed up with us in any way, even though I have been a rewards member for nearly 20 years.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank A9289WIpeterl
Reviewed 23 November 2020 via mobile

This hotel is like extended stay places, I like the lay out where the units are located in different buildings. Feels safer during covid times.
We booked a bilevel suite which was perfect for our family of 4. Had 2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms and a decent size kitchen with plates, pots, pans and dinnerware.
Breakfast is included but due to covid it’s in a to-go bag. They have breakfast sandwiches, burritos that you can heat up in your room. Coffee, orange juice, yogurt etc.
We had some issues with internet and a faucet in the bathroom that was not draining, that was promptly fixed. However somethings in the unit were so dated and needed replacement. The toilets are so old and have these black marks at the bottom, it’s disgusting. The kitchen sink did not have a strainer basket, just a big open hole so you can see all the yucky stuff. The balcony was so dirty, looks like housekeeping never went there. There was a spider in the bathroom and the towels had hair, ewww. Even the mugs had hair.
The staff is very hardworking and does everything to help you but marriot management needs to look at the condition of suites and do a necessary upgrade.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank PRIABBY
Millicent Bennett, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Oxnard River Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear you were pleased with our property layout and our hardworking staff. You are correct Our set up is purpose-built for extended stay guests in mind. I am sorry to hear that your room had some housekeeping items that needed to be addressed. Thank you for bringing them to our attention. These items have been addressed with the appropriate team members to ensure we do a better job moving forward.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2020

In the time of COVID-19 my sister and I need a bit of girl time and since she is a GOLD member we thought we would get a nice room. In Oxnard, everything is green, except for the grounds at this hotel. The tall weeds were green! The pool is closed, I get that. The grounds were dirty and in serious need of paint maintenance is nonexistent. The bag breakfast we completely disgusting, a frozen burrito you would buy in a store for 39 cents, small yogurt, granola bar, and a very small (4oz) carton of frozen OJ which was out of code. So disappointing.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank MizKChandler
Ryan Bugayong, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Oxnard River Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your post. I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations during your most recent visit. COVID-19 has definitely made a negative impact on our hotel. We had to make necessary cuts on our expenses in order to stay operating. Our landscaping team has been servicing our hotel on a limited basis. Rest assured, I have informed our Engineering Department regarding your feedback. They have informed me that they will thrive to maintain and upkeep the property each day. I have also forwarded your concerns regarding the breakfast items to our breakfast attendant so that they could be more attentive regarding dates on items. I am sorry that you felt that the items that were offered were not to your satisfaction but we are basing our offerings on the guidelines that were provided by Marriott for a grab and go breakfast. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your post.

Reviewed 6 November 2019 via mobile

This property was clean and the staff was friendly and efficient. The breakfast buffet was excellent with beautiful views. Sufficient workout area and nice tennis courts. A couple jacuzzis , one close to our room was nice . Great laundry area.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank CarolynT342
Reviewed 3 November 2019

What a beautiful location. Not a hotel but apartments, so you get a microwave, hob, dishwasher, kettle so can eat cheaper than restaurants.
Staff really friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was good, waffles, continental, local, fruit, yogurt, coffee, juices. View was good over golf course.
Rooms were nice, maid came daily.
Definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2019