We stayed at this hotel in march 2011 while visiting California. It looked OK on the Internet and had very good reviews. First of all - the location is too far away from the city - LA - it took about an hour and the half to get there from the airport. Second - it is located near the beach, but it is really too cold in March and winds are strong, so if you do not want to freeze to death look somewhere else.
- Clean rooms with jacuzzi
- full kitchen
- rooms are a bit outdated
- location is not ideal if you want to visit city
- check-in time at 16.00 and check-out at 10.00 AM - and they are very firm about that though I am not sure they really need this anyway
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Channel Island Shores is quaint destination for vacationers wanting a relaxing seaside escape in a quiet residential setting. Located half a block from the beach and with views of the Channel Islands, this charming resort with a beach house feel is within steps of white, sandy beaches and refreshing ocean surf. This Oxnard beach vacation resort features amenities such as private patios, many with Jacuzzi Spas and Barbeques, spectacular ocean views, and fully-stocked kitchens. Guests may enjoy a multitude of nearby water activities including boating, kayaking, surfing and fishing. Explore the National Park, take side trips to Magic Mountain, Santa Barbara, Malibu Beach, Los Angeles, Universal Studios, Hearst Castle, or enjoy the famous Channel Island Harbor and Marina. Minimum check-in age is 21. Please note that air conditioning is not offered at this property. Please note there is a USD 13.00 daily resort fee due at booking which includes internet, parking, and phone calls. Please note the resort does not provide extra beds/cots or cribs, however guests may bring a crib. Weekly housekeeping is available we do not have daily housekeeping. Guests must have photo ID and credit card to put on hold for incidentals. Please contact the resort prior to 6pm if arriving after hours and you will be provided with a lockbox code and parking instructions. From June 3, 2016 to July 2, 2016, Channel Island Shores Resort is undergoing some renovations. We understand that renovations are sometimes an inconvenience. During this time you may notice some construction noise but there's still plenty of room for fun and relaxation both at the resort and nearby. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the resort. We look forward to hosting you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Channel Island Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Channel Island Shores Hotel Oxnard