“Wonderful Baby Back Ribs”
Review of Far Western Tavern

Far Western Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Far Western Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Orcutt
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 45
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pacific Avenue
Transit: On the Orcutt to Santa Maria Route.
Description: The Far Western Tavern in Orcutt is recognized as a landmark of Santa Maria Style Barbecue, a renowned regional fare rooted in native ingredients and methods that were first popularized by 19th century rancheros. Our menu blends this local barbecue style with other dishes that reflect our family’s heritage in the Santa Maria Valley’s Swiss-Italian ranching community, all prepared with fresh flavors from nearby farms, ranches and vineyards. Buon appetito! -The Minetti Family
Reviewed 3 February 2016

Haven't been to Far Western since they moved from Guadalupe. Wife and I tried it tonight. We split a full order of baby backs along with the tavern add ons. The ribs were some of the best I've tasted with the sauce glazed onto the ribs which in my opinion is they way they should be done. (seems like many places cook the ribs then slather on some weak bbq sauce). Not these. The soup, salad, relish tray and shrimp cocktails were good as well. The hostess and wait staff were very cheerful and professional and the restaurant was neat and clean. We'll be back.

1  Thank c21bill

Reviewed 1 February 2016

Did I mention their food is to die for as well. The Steak always cooked to perfection and the service like i said is outstanding. I highly recommend this place

Reviewed 28 January 2016

If you want to get a sense of Santa Maria this is a great restaurant to try. I have to focus on the Sunday Brunch. Food is terrific and the service is top-notch. Get a booth if you can, each booth is outfitted with a decorative pillow to give the booth a cozy feel. The restaurant is decorated in an Old West style that is very classy.

1  Thank kdebernardi
Reviewed 14 January 2016

The new Far Western is a great fine-dining addition to the Santa maria culinary firmament! The pork chop and the 'Pinot Filet' are both favorites of mine for dinner, and the steak sandwich is a delicious and filling lunch. Don't forget to include a bottle of delicious local wine with your dinner. My suggestion is a Riverbench or J. Wilkes Pinot Noir!

1  Thank WesHagen
Reviewed 23 December 2015

This is the best restaurant in Northern Santa Barbara county! I had the sirloin special cooked to perfection (medium well that is moist yet browned all the way through). It was so good I admitted that I'd lick the plate clean if I was at home. The steak was seasoned well, mashed potatoes were creamy and delicious, and the asparagus was just the right amount of crispy without burnt ends. I'm not a fan of beans but tried them just to say I did. They were good but the homemade salsa was off the charts good. I highly recommend this place!

1  Thank Rebecca P