“Great Lobster And Attentive Service!”
Review of King's Fish House

King's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
King's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 533 Restaurants in Orange
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2016

I dined at Kings for the first time with a group of four and we all had positive experiences. My two hiccups- the poke was extraordinarily spicy, which was odd, but the waitress did right by us and took it off the check and my grilled mahi-mahi really didn't have any flavor. The lobster tail was awesome and cooked perfectly and the bread pudding was pretty good (huge portion!).

Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

Amazing menu for freshly shucked oysters from both the west and east coast. Great crab legs and sashimi/sushi combination. Go with the NZ white wine to top it off

Reviewed 13 March 2016

I first wrote a positive review of this restaurant in 2012, and my husband and I have continued to dine here probably 6 times a year or so. Our last 3 visits, however, were disappointing. While we continue to enjoy the food, we had the following problems tonight: 1) they brought me the wrong drink from the bar, 2) they forgot to bring bread/butter and we had to ask for it, 3) they brought my shrimp cocktail as an appetizer though I asked to have it served when my husband received his dinner, 4) when they brought the shrimp back at the proper time, they brought a pound, while I only asked for 6 shrimp. When I pointed it out to the waitress, she took the plate back to the kitchen for them to remove the extra shrimp; while she certainly had the right to do that, many restaurants would have apologized for the mistake and would have given me the extra shrimp at no extra cost. We had similar issues on our last couple of visits. Sadly, it seems to me the quality and attention to service is on the decline.

Reviewed 5 March 2016

Two couples for lunch. Atmosphere, cleanliness, and waitress, Robin, were all excellent. One person had yellow fish - and they delightfully offered me a taste - mmmmmmm. Other two people and chicken Cobb Salad - and they both enjoyed it.

My large size bowl of Kings Spicy Fish chowder was good - and I definitely would order it again. I do prefer a thicker chowder, but this is just my preference.

Our outdoor seating was perfect.

It was fun using their old time hand washing sink - try it!

Reviewed 26 February 2016

We enjoyed our meal here and the staff were very friendly. The oysters were great and we had the sampler which was made up of 6 to 8 different oysters. The main dishes were average but all tasted good. The prices were not too bad and drinks were great. Nice outside setting if the temperature is alright but the inside gives you more atmosphere. It has a lot of old photos of the original restaurant. It is walking distance from several bars and Cinema 25 which we went and did both afterwards.

Date of visit: February 2016