All reviews parking lot bedroom area business hotel comfortable rooms a great stay free breakfast is wet bar hotel stay outlet mall great customer service business trip nice property easy access mini fridge yogurt checking in fitness center
Reviewed 8 October 2015

The rooms facing the highway are extremely loud and not good if you are a light sleeper. The AC unit is quite loud as well so overall I did not get a good night of sleep. If you stay at this location, make sure to request a room away from the highway.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from highway
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Stephanie L, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Thank you for your review Pathfinder889,

Although, we sometimes receive feedback similar to yours regarding freeway noise heard in some of the guest rooms, I think it is safe to say that this type of feedback is from the traveler whom is a light sleeper, as you have mentioned. Our staff here at Hyatt Place Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga, CA has done an awesome job in making our guests feel as if they are at a home away from home, providing complimentary items such as ear plugs or even a sound machine which plays a variety of soothing sounds to drown out traffic noise. Many of our guests are satisfied after receiving these additional items however, if the noise remains bothersome there is almost always an opportunity for a change in room locations in order to ensure your stay is satisfactory. We understand the importance of a good night's rest and hope that your recent experience will not keep you from choosing our hotel again in the future.

Until Next Time,

Reviewed 1 October 2015

This hotel is different, I really like the way the room is setup much different from a normal room. When I first walk in I was looking for the check in desk no one was around and walk right past the desk it is small. The location is great next to mall but hotel is very crowded on the weekend. Lots of kids! I went to bed early because I had to get up early. Shortly before 10 pm I was awaken by screaming kids playing soccer in the hallway. Are you kidding me! I had to call down stairs to inform the desk. I was so mad that I was no able to get back to sleep. Pool was over crowed with kids it was a least 50 around the small pool I am glad I was on the other side of the hotel. Staff was great but I will stay away on the weekend, Bathroom vent was caked with dirt. Refrigerator did not work. Breakfast was ok!

Stayed: September 2015

Hello LVHockeyFan,

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at Hyatt Place Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga, CA. We appreciate your business as well as your taking the time away from your busy day to provide us with your honest feedback.

I apologize for the difference in the behavior of our guests from weekday to weekend. Typically, our weekend travelers tend to be traveling for leisurely purposes therefore, making it more likely to have more children, etc. occupying the hotel. Our pool does have operating hours in order for those guests who prefer a more quiet night and our overnight security will maintain the pool's closure until the time of opening again in the early A.M.

Additionally, I have discussed the maintenance issues you have mentioned with our Chief Engineer, Richard and he is working diligently to ensure repairs and cleaning are completed immediately.

We look forward to your return in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of assistance to you.

Best,

Reviewed 28 September 2015

This is my third stay at the Hyatt Place Ontario in the last few months. It is perfect for the business traveler. The staff is extremely friendly and always say hello as you come in the door. The rooms are updated/modern/clean, and the lobby area, while not huge, is inviting.

After my second stay in August, I completed a survey that was emailed to me after I returned home. I rated the hotel high on everything, and my only suggestion was to have some gluten-free friendly food at breakfast, and to let them know that the air conditioner was loud during my last stay.

Well, imagine how very pleasantly surprised I was when I arrived last Sunday night, and was told that they had placed me in a room with a new air conditioner! And, when I got to my room, there as a HUGE basket of gluten free food (bananas, apples, granola bars, cereal, yummy oatmeal, and many other types of snacks) with a very nice note from Annette Dinkler from the hotel, saying she hoped I enjoyed my stay and that they made me feel like family.

Well they certainly did!! Thank you Annette and the rest of the staff at the Hyatt Place! I look forward to staying with you the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business

Dear Amy_R_CO,

Thank you ever so much for your review here on TripAdvisor.com. We appreciate you as a guest of ours and take careful consideration when we read through our guest satisfaction surveys. I am so glad to hear that your most recent experience was made better with Annette's gesture. We certainly want to make each of our guests feel at home and part of the Hyatt family when they are away from their homes. Please also note that I am currently searching for additional gluten-free options to be added to our A.M. complimentary breakfast selection in order to cater a bit more to travelers like yourself.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hyatt Place Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga, CA very shortly.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2015

As soon as walked in I was greeted by Belina who had a big smile on her face that matched the kindess in her voice. She able to get me and my wife a room in the upper floor which made me and my wifes stay even more pleasant. The room was big and clean. Every staff member greets you with a smile. I will be coming back really soon.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Greetings AMAR6161,

We are excited to hear that you had a pleasant check-in experience with our Host, Berlina. She is certainly an asset to our team here at Hyatt Place Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga, CA. I will be certain to share your kind words regarding Berlina's service with Berlina as I am sure she will appreciate the recognition.

We look forward to welcoming you as a hotel guest of ours in the near future.

See you soon,

Reviewed 7 September 2015

This hotel is better than you might expect. I would say it is a 3 1/2 star property. It is clearly superior to the Courtyard Marriott brand. It is located next to Ontario Mills Mall. So there are plenty of dining and entertainment options near by. It is also close to the Ontario Airport. For those out of the area, it is a little over an hour to Los Angeles. Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm are about the same distance. San Diego and Palm Springs are about 90 minutes away. So it is somewhat centrally located.

It caters to the business traveler during the week and the family traveler on the weekends. The rooms are very nice and look to be either new or recently upgraded. They are larger than most hotel rooms but I was staying in an upgraded unit on the 5th floor. The king beds are very comfortable. The shower was somewhat small and I am not that big. For most people, they would find it a bit tight. The closet is also small. But the good news is there is a small refrigerator in the room, a fairly large desk that is well lighted to do work, and a queen size sofa bed in the living room area. The television is very large with a limited amount of channels. The television is in the living room area so you can only partially see if from the king size bed. Overall, I found the room to be very comfortable.

W-fi is free which is a definite plus as many hotels now charge $10 or more this. The pool is somewhat small. There is an exercise room on the first floor. They have a 24/7 lunch counter where you can either go down to buy food or have room service. This is somewhat unusual for a hotel of this category. Every morning you get free breakfast. On the morning that I stayed, they had sausages, eggs, and pancakes, and lots of different types of bread and cereal choices including oatmeal and bagels. They also had fresh fruit. They had several juice and coffee choices. You don't need to eat it down there. You can take it back to room and enjoy it in comfort and privacy there which I did. Parking is free which is an added plus. Also it is freeway close but not too close to be noisy.

The bottom is I would stay here again in the area. The hotel personnel are friendly and very helpful. For what it is, it deserves a 5 rating.

Room Tip: Stay on the highest floor you can book.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Stephanie L, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2015

It seems as though you have had the opportunity to fully experience all that our hotel has to offer while you were a guest of ours. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself and found our facility to be "better than expected." We appreciate your business and enjoyed reading your honest thoughts with regard to your recent stay. I hope next time you are in town, you choose Hyatt Place Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga, and be sure to stop by and say hello while you are here.

Yours In Hospitality,