“Great live music”

The Vine Wine Bar and restaurant
Ranked #38 of 99 Restaurants in Ojai
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We found ourselves in Ojai on a Wednesday night and came across The Vine just as the live band - TD Lind & Friends - was setting up. We found a table, ordered some food and drinks and had a thoroughly entertaining evening. We both ordered the Chicken Curry to eat, which was delicious. We discovered that the owner is originally from the UK and he certainly makes a great curry.
The music was great - it's a local band who had lots of friends and family in the audience - which made it a great atmosphere.
There was a good selection of wines, beers and other drinks.
The live music is also on Saturdays.
I'd recommend it.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

We visited The Vine several times as we went to and from the Ojai Music Festival. Ruben was our server. He's great. He's also a musician.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Decided to pop in for a quick lunch. Odd I was the only customer but it was a slow day in Ojai. Since it was a wine bar/restaurant I figured the house wine would be decent. I wasn't in the mood to spend +12 for a glass and at 8 I figured I would get a decent wine considering it is a wine bar in the Central Coast. To my disappointment it wasn't a decent wine flat and flabby.
I selected the Chiefs peak salad which sounded great but a little pricey at 14. When it was delivered the gentleman told me the last avocado is bad so no avocado for you. Ok it would have been nice to know prior to it being put in front of me or perhaps shave a buck off as a good will gesture. It was rumored to have prosciutto on the menu must have been bad also. Lastly it came with a thimble of dressing which was actually delicious.
Many restaurants do give you a minimal amount of dressing but normally when ask for more they give you a fair amount. The gentleman proudly presented another thimble of dressing.

1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 10 April 2017

This small restaurant/bar is a hub of town activities. Great food and an excellent wine list are complemented by almost nightly local musical talent. Meet a local and get the real scoop on town activities and gossip.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Who knew The Vine would have some of the best pizza in town? Tasty and light, their wonderful eats are perfect to accompany drinks - we shared three different kinds of pizza at our table of friends and they were all delicious. Very cozy, friendly venue in the middle of Ojai's Arcade...we celebrated a friend's birthday there in the early afternoon and it was a delight. I can imagine it gets even more fun around happy hour and beyond! Flights available for wine tasting / nice selection. Excellent service.