“Fresh and Magical”

Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 150 (Ojai Avenue)
Description: The Oak offers a daily breakfast, lunch and dinner experience featuring locally sourced products, many of which come from our resort herb garden. Al fresco dining under the vine-covered pergola offers dramatic views overlooking 200-year-old Oak trees, golf course and sweeping mountain vistas. Nightly specials. Saturday Breakfast Buffet | Saturday 8:00AM - 1:00PM | $29 includes made-to-order omelets, fresh fruit and breakfast classics; kids 12 and under $10.00 Bluegrass Brunch Buffet | Sunday 9:30AM - 2:00PM | $49 includes carving station, raw bar, market salads, chocolate fountain bottomless champagne and more; kids 12 and under $14.50
Reviewed 1 August 2018

We believe that the ambiance and environment of a restaurant is equally important to the food. Sitting out not he patio at dusk, watching the sun set, smelling fresh lavender, the live jazz, and magical lighting set a wonderful tone and vibe for a delicious and fresh dinner.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

While staying here we tried this out a few days. Breakfast is great, plenty of choice and the good old favourites

Dinner also very good, a small kids menu. Great steak for me, although limited vegetarian options

I would say on both counts, its mid-upper priced here, c 60-80 for breakfast for 4 and 150 for dinner

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 20 July 2018

My wife and I drove up from Ventura for lunch at the The Oak Kitchen. The resort is beautiful and the setting very nice overlooking the golf course. Unfortunately the lunch didn't come close to matching the view. Our chicken sandwiches (which took 30 minutes to get to us) were charred and dried out. They were supposed to have bacon and avocado. Mine had all the bacon and no avocado. Hers had all the avocado and no bacon! Our server was apologetic and comped us one lunch which was nice. He offered a complimentary desert which we declined. You can't unring a bell and it was unfortunate that a long drive and a beautiful setting were ruined by a poor chef.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served at the Oak, Ojai Valley Inn's on premise restaurant. Seating is available both inside and out. We ate all of our meals outdoors. They have great heaters if it gets cold.

Food was good but not cheap. Best thing is the service. Wait staff is great.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018

As an Ojai local, we love to lunch or dinner at the Oak Grill for any occasion, dressed up or down, it's a lovely outing. Comfy and welcoming in all seasons or weather, the menu and the service are always on "Par". Yes, seating overlooks magnificentOak trees at one of the Ojai Valley Inn's golf course tee's and bucolic landscape and locals are always treated like valued guests.
The menu takes a modest seasonal bent, so the foundation staple proteins get a welcome tweak several times a year, with a chef's featured item or two. The food is pprepared and presented in a thoughful and beautiful manner. The experience is rarely flawed by a disappointment or mis-matched protein and garnish, although my latest outing at the Oak paired a filet mignon with a spring pea puree that was definitely suited for fish, not beef. As a free-lance chef myself, I should have warned my companions away from that item. First disappointment in all my visits here.
Last summer we happened to arrive on a Saturday evening which is unusual for us since we live here and hop over on week night, and were surprised by a live solo musician who was setting up on the lawn across from the dining patio. The PA volume was much too loud and the guy covered a less than stellar set list. Despite asking the manager to turn him down a bit so we could converse, we endured dinner with the volume annoyance. I prefer to enjoy the company of my dining companions without having to compete with mediocre singers. Don't get me wrong, I'm a music fan, but please, save the local live music for bars and night clubs. No more summer Saturday dinners at the Oak for me! I'll go when I can count on a serene dining experience under the Oak trees and the twinkling lights.
Overall The Oak Grill is a wonderful dining experience

Date of visit: May 2018

Been to The Oak Kitchen? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK