All reviews waffles sofa bed bacon or sausage free breakfast first floor loved this hotel room rate nice size the breakfast area waffle maker pool and hot tub comfortable beds hot breakfast front desk staff short drive room was large cereal
Reviewed 17 November 2015

Booked this place last minute through Priceline in July and would not recommend staying here!! We are not that picky with our hotels, but this one is definitely on the bottom of the list. The location is very convenient. Right next to the highway and close to the beach. However, it took forever to get checked in and there was only one person ahead of me! The free breakfast food was pretty bad.They had some eggs that looked like it came out of a box and some cereal and muffins. And someone was right that the eating area smelled like pee or wet rag because it is right next to the bathroom! The carpet and the sofa in our room looked like they were never cleaned. The room also smelled damp and was pretty small! We had to bring the hotel's playpen up to our room and the elevator was so slow! There was a parking lot.

Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank lilz0520
Natasha Y, General Manager at Comfort Suites Oceanside Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Reviewed 26 October 2015

We stayed here for 5 nights total. We were in town for a wedding. It was a great location, easy access to the interstate, and beach. The only issues I had were: 1. upon arrival at 1 pm, even though we were told the room was ready to check in to, we were unable to get into the room unless we paid $30 for an early c/i. I understand we were a couple hours early, but $30 was outrageous, they did let us into the room at 2pm, but I dont understand why that extra hour made the difference, especially after driving 25 hours from Houston. 2. Was the issue of how late the housekeeping would come to clean the rooms, we would be out for most of the day, come back around 6pm, and they would still be in the room cleaning. I understand it being a busy area, with lots of rooms, but by 6, we are ready to relax! The Breakfast, pool and hot tub was fantastic. Thanks for a great Over-all stay!

Reviewed 20 October 2015

Needed a place to stay in the area for business. This was a great find.
Very convenient walking distance to a nice street malls filled with many different types of shops from what you find on the east coast.
Of course the weather is perfect for this.
A lot of side walk places to eat and a great view of the ocean.
I was able to do my morning walks out that way through the picturesque neighborhoods. Many flowers in bloom.
This would also work well for family stays and the rates are very good as well.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2015

I stayed 3 nights. On the second day, housekeeping took my personal Norwex towels when they made up the room. They were located, but unfortuanately got ruined. I was told they didn't go through the laundry, but part of my hair towel was melted :( They didn't keep towels at the pool or extra blankets in the room for the pull out bed. Not the friendliest, but it was really close tto the beach, which was nice

Reviewed 14 October 2015

The front desk in this hotel is AMAZING! I wish I could remember the name of the girl that checked us in. She upgraded our room and gave us a late check-out. She really was the nicest person we encountered on our trip. The guests around us were incredibly loud. Running up and down hallways and screaming at each other. It also sounded like there was a dog above us as we swore we heard barking. The breakfast was average. I would stay again. Only about a mile to the beach.