Ramada Oceanside
  • Breakfast included
Rodeway Inn(Oceanside)
Beachwood Motel(Oceanside)
View Hotel
Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort(Oceanside)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanwaffleshard boiled eggsstaff was friendly and helpfulfree continental breakfastnon smokingclose to downtownrefrigerator and microwavecomfortable stayvery nice hotellocation is greata great place to staydebbiefreewaycerealaccommodationsmaintenance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2012

A good hotel to stay in considering the price ($50++/night). Wi-fi works good, and the breakfast is nice with waffles, and the typical bagels, fruits, energy bar etc (no meat).

Bed is clean and comfy. Bathroom is nice and clean.

You can walk to the beach but it's a bit of a walk and probably not a good idea when you have kids.

Probably best to stay here instead of anaheim if you wanted to go to disney and the likes. A bit of a drive, but good for its price and cleanliness.

knowing that the GM of this place also responds to all the complaints also show that they really read your concern/complaint to care enough to fix the place for anything that's not up to the standard.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Nazim M
RamadaOside, General Manager at Ramada Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for providing valuable insight for prospective guests. We often have guests stay with us that use our hotel as "home base" for going to multiple attractions such as Disneyland and Seaworld. We are located close to all the San Diego attractions as well as only being an hour's drive from Disneyland. The added benefit of a great beach only 2 minutes drive from the hotel is real luxury. We hope to see you on your next visit to Oceanside. Andrew Stewart GM

Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is your standard motel with some unusual features. For instance the room had movement sensitive lights.

I liked that:
- the room was clean;
- the gym though small had good equipment;
- the free wifi was better than hotels twice the price;
- breakfast was outstanding at this price point;
- this is one of the few non-smoking hotel rooms I have stayed in that actually does not smell of smoke;
- the location was convenient. Near a freeway but not on the freeway. Within a realistic walk of the beach.

I note that:
- the room was smallish;
- Ramada still uses polystyrene cups and plates (what gives?). This is especially weird given that they also use paper cups;
- the room is a little on the dated side.

I do not recommend that young children stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lex_loci_david
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I stay here because of the price, but every thing was great the staff the room was wonderful, I had a great time , the staff talk to me and told me place to go and when I called them for help they came up with no problem.

Room Tip: room on the corner you can see ocean/
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank tlcbear411
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I was skeptical about this hotel after booking it on hotwire.com. All-in-all the staff was very friendly and helpful and prompt when we needed assistance. Kudos to the staff (housekeeping, front desk, and maintenance). With that said- our safe didn't work properly and our room unfortunately smelled of smoke (non-smoking room). We had to wash all of our clothes to get the smoke smell out when we got home.

Now, I am only writing a review for one complaint. I was charged for "makeup stains" on my towels and instructed that I should have used the makeup remover provided. I have stayed at many hotels in my life and can assume that I have left many makeup smudges on all of those towels, and never ONCE received a charge for leaving makeup stains. Sounds like an extraneous charge to me.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank t h
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed with a group and used 6 rooms. Although there were some minor cosmetic things that could be touched up in the bathrooms, all of the rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was wonderful to work with and the breakfast was in a large conference area. Considering how expensive hotels can be in the San Diego area, this was a pleasant surprise. There is no pool at this facility so if you are looking for that, you will need to go elsewhere. With a market across the street, a 24 hour donut shop adjacent to the hotel and an excellent and cheap Mexican restaurant right next door, it is tough to beat. Easy access to the 5 freeway and a very short drive down the street to the beach.

Room Tip: 2nd to 4th floors require a room key to access.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business