“3 stays and aiming for a 4th”
Review of Ramada Oceanside

Ramada Oceanside
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
El Segundo, California
“3 stays and aiming for a 4th”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I've stayed here three times and wouldn't hesitate to return.

First time, I stayed here for a week until the movers arrived to furnish my apartment, and it was a generally pleasurable and comfortable experience.

Second time involved a 2-night stay. No complaints.

Third time was just last night. No complaints here as well.

All the stays shared the same positive aspects:

Friendly staff
Clean and comfortable rooms
Decent location (close to downtown Oceanside).

You get all that, plus a free continental breakfast. There's a food store nearby as well as general shopping. There are also reasonably-priced, simple, quick restaurants within walking distance. Otherwise, downtown Oceanside is a short 2 minute drive West - you won't be disappointed there!

Ramada Oceanside is a very good hotel and worthy of my recommendation. When I return to Oceanside I expect to return here, again and again.

Room Tip: First floor is convenient for car access. Fourth floor offers a decent view and a bit more privacy...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
RamadaOside, General Manager at Ramada Oceanside, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
In my experience as a hotel manager, our repeat guests have been the most pleasure to service. Our staff enjoys the personal and professional relationships that we develope over time. Some of our repeat guests stay with us every week, and some stay once a year. Either way, we hope to make a repeat guest for every person that visits our hotel. With that in mind, our goal has always been to listen to our guests and try to tailor our service and amenities with the feedback we recieve. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit. Andrew Stewart GM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 1 April 2012

A good hotel to stay in considering the price ($50++/night). Wi-fi works good, and the breakfast is nice with waffles, and the typical bagels, fruits, energy bar etc (no meat).

Bed is clean and comfy. Bathroom is nice and clean.

You can walk to the beach but it's a bit of a walk and probably not a good idea when you have kids.

Probably best to stay here instead of anaheim if you wanted to go to disney and the likes. A bit of a drive, but good for its price and cleanliness.

knowing that the GM of this place also responds to all the complaints also show that they really read your concern/complaint to care enough to fix the place for anything that's not up to the standard.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Nazim M
Thank you for providing valuable insight for prospective guests. We often have guests stay with us that use our hotel as "home base" for going to multiple attractions such as Disneyland and Seaworld. We are located close to all the San Diego attractions as well as only being an hour's drive from Disneyland. The added benefit of a great beach only 2 minutes drive from the hotel is real luxury. We hope to see you on your next visit to Oceanside. Andrew Stewart GM
Melbourne
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is your standard motel with some unusual features. For instance the room had movement sensitive lights.

I liked that:
- the room was clean;
- the gym though small had good equipment;
- the free wifi was better than hotels twice the price;
- breakfast was outstanding at this price point;
- this is one of the few non-smoking hotel rooms I have stayed in that actually does not smell of smoke;
- the location was convenient. Near a freeway but not on the freeway. Within a realistic walk of the beach.

I note that:
- the room was smallish;
- Ramada still uses polystyrene cups and plates (what gives?). This is especially weird given that they also use paper cups;
- the room is a little on the dated side.

I do not recommend that young children stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lex_loci_david
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I stay here because of the price, but every thing was great the staff the room was wonderful, I had a great time , the staff talk to me and told me place to go and when I called them for help they came up with no problem.

Room Tip: room on the corner you can see ocean/
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank tlcbear411
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I was skeptical about this hotel after booking it on hotwire.com. All-in-all the staff was very friendly and helpful and prompt when we needed assistance. Kudos to the staff (housekeeping, front desk, and maintenance). With that said- our safe didn't work properly and our room unfortunately smelled of smoke (non-smoking room). We had to wash all of our clothes to get the smoke smell out when we got home.

Now, I am only writing a review for one complaint. I was charged for "makeup stains" on my towels and instructed that I should have used the makeup remover provided. I have stayed at many hotels in my life and can assume that I have left many makeup smudges on all of those towels, and never ONCE received a charge for leaving makeup stains. Sounds like an extraneous charge to me.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family