1,019 results
All reviews great hotel fire pit business center waffles very pleasant stay walking distance to the beach would definitely stay here again best westerns the breakfast area free breakfast nice breakfast clean rooms fitness center front desk staff lego land pool and jacuzzi convenient location
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Right on coast highway. Room clean and neat. Good free breakfast. Friendly employees.spent three nights. Could hear noise from a baby but not from room to room. Plenty of free parking. Easy access off freeway

Reviewed 5 November 2018

Friendliest staff, ever!!! 4th time participating in Bike the Coast but 1st time staying at this hotel. I should've booked this place the other 3 times. Clean, comfortable, great breakfast and great staff!!!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Paul T, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oceanside Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Jasehaze,

The Best Western Plus Oceanside Palms is an avid supporter of the Bike the Coast and as such we house many of the athletes such as yourself so I am thrilled you had a wonderful stay.

It sounds like we will most likely see you next year.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

Best Oceanside hotel because staff is very personable and dedicated to customer satisfaction, only a few blocks from the beach, wonderful breakfast, and clean comfortable rooms! From offering to take pictures to finding all the boxes we needed, staff was incredible!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

I'll give the room 5 starts the guy from night shift 5 stars now the morning is HORRIBLE I am a VIP member on Expedia since I travel a lot. I usually always get late check out and in all my years traveling never never ever had a problem and an experience like this one well in this hotel manager or housekeepers I don’t know has knocked my door 6 times since 11am they even tried to open my door at 11:20 after I TOLD THEM I HAVE A LATE CHECK OUT!! My son was panicking telling me "mommy they're kicking us out" how freaking embarrassing and no is not cheap I paid $162 to stayed in a quiet area in Oceanside BUT IVE LEARNED MY LESSON IM NOT GIVING BEST WESTERN MY BUSINESS ANYMORE. Update*** still after verifying that IN FACT I HAVE A LATE CHECK OUT THEYRE STILL KNOCKING ON MY DOOR 8 times now!!!! What a freaking joke.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Paul T, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oceanside Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Dear Erica,

First I like to thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Oceanside Palms.

I am glad the accommodations and staff exceeded your expectations.

I also appreciate your feedback on the late check out and the way it was handled. We have a very simple yet efficient late check out policy and it should never had to involve several knocks on the door but rather just one and then a manager would call to politely and professionally determine why the guest hasn't already checked out, in your case a 1pm late check out.

I would like to request that you please contact me directly as it is important to understand how such a dramatic departure from my policy has taken place and hopefully have you return to our hotel

Reviewed 23 October 2018

Stayed 3 nights starting Fri Oct 19, 2018. Room 244 (second floor of a three story hotel with elevator). Beds comfy. Pillows lumpy and like rocks so BYO. Great almost silent A/C. Location is fairly quiet, walkable to beaches, and a trail that leads to nature preserve. Wifi painfully slow. Needs better lighting near second table/end of bed (very dark there). Second floor was VERY noisy with people walking, jumping, and otherwise making a racket upstairs until the wee hours. So maybe ask to be on THIRD floor if you are a light sleeper. TWO desk areas plus 2-person dinette. Bathtub needed non-slip mat as there are no bars to hang onto. Towels are plush-looking but not absorbent (maybe they use fabric softener, which always kills the absorbency of towels).

Staff does an excellent job with cleanliness and service. Maintenance needs to be more aware, however - second floor fitness center inside door handle fell apart and trapped me inside; gym tv remotes did not work. Breakfast is great. Pool area small and ok, but no views of anything except a boring wall.

Room smelled nice, fresh - and very clean. Kitchenette is well-equipped with plates, cups, etc. In-room coffeemaker is horrid - makes weak watery coffee. So go downstairs to breakfast room for your java.

Front desk personnel excellent except at check-out when we requested an additional 1 hr for checkout from the woman at front desk who was a bit surly - she denied us late checkout UNLESS we paid extra money (which of course we did not). She explained, saying that late checkouts were “sold out.” So if you want late checkout, request at check-in or ASAP so you won’t have to pay the vig. I am NOT deducting a star because of the woman's bad attitude - although I am tempted. But do specify far in advance if you want late check-out.

Room tip: For quiet, choose third floor toward the back, away from guest laundry, elevator, ice machines, and hotel housekeeping closets.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank deabad
Paul T, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oceanside Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear B,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Oceanside Palms while visiting Oceanside.

I also wanted to thank you for the detailed and positive review as it helps me understand our customer's expectations and help with improvement. Your comments about cleanliness, service and our complimentary hot and cold breakfast are wonderful.

I read your concern about the late check out request, first I like to apologize about the way the staff member handle it. As you correctly pointed out we try to accommodate a number of late "check out" at no charge on a "first come first served" basis...

We do offer a 2 pm check out regardless of what time is requested, however there is a fee.

I have also addressed the situation with the fitness center.

GM